EWB Fantasy Baseball 2014

thatshortguy

I was being somewhat nice because at work I couldn't see name history. Now I know.

Midget, don't be dumb. Your draft idea is dumb. You big dumb dummy.

There...is no draft idea anymore? You brought up a good point for changing from serpentine, so I'm putting it up for debate. Niner has posted that he digs a randomized draft order. I'm perfectly fine with a randomized draft order, so long as a majority of teams are either ambivalent or for it.

So c'maaaaahhhhhn. :P

Oh I still want it serpentine, all that is fine. Randomize the initial order, and then snake it, so everyone has the same chance at the top 5 players, instead of people new to the league being shut out.

• Like 1

Oh I still want it serpentine, all that is fine. Randomize the initial order, and then snake it, so everyone has the same chance at the top 5 players, instead of people new to the league being shut out.

So that makes you and Niner for a randomized order, which I'm perfectly cool with rolling alongside. Three out of ten teams thus far. So unless five managers outright go against it, we'll randomize the first round, then go snake style.

Do think trading draft picks will be a thing this year, as well. Nobody took advantage of it last year and an offline draft allows me to keep track of roster moves before finalizing the teams.

How are we scoring the games, is it Head to Head Each Category, or just regular?

Same system as last year, which was H2H each category. We also have the option for Roto, Points only, H2H points or H2H all-or-nothing.

Quick synopsis:

Head-to-head (each category) - Our current style. Teams face off 1-on-1 each week. For every category that your team beats the other, you earn a point. Winning team is the one with the most points that week. Ties are common, though not a huge effect on standings.

Roto (aka Rotisserie) - No schedules, as you're competing against every other team in the league at all times. This rabbit hole can run deep, so you may want to refer to this Yahoo article explaining its system.

Points only - Again, no schedule. Your team earns points for effectively everything they do (someone hits a single? One point. A pitcher wins? Ten points. etc.). What each stat would earn is determined before the season starts. There is also a head-to-head version of this that pairs teams 1-on-1 instead of a roto style.

Head-to-Head (All-or-nothing/win only) - You compete against a single team each week. Instead of each category counting as a single point, you now only win if you beat your opponent in a majority of categories.

Yay snow. Yay having to go to work while it snows. Every day that it snowed.

Anyways, we've updated. Once damshow either confirm or denies he wants in, we'll get a 12th team and lock up. Draft date is Feb. 22nd and we'll do the board draft just like last time. New video, too. I quite like it. :shifty:

I did confirm. South Florida SWATS (though changing my name soon)

• Like 1