The Barclays Premier League Thread 2014/2015

brenchill

As the biggest brand in football - arguably in all of sport - with hundreds of millions of fans and one of the highest - possibly even the highest - selling out stadiums world wide and setting attendance records in countries that traditionally don't 'do' football, I'd argue we know at least a little bit about business and marketing.

Just a little bit though.

• Like 2

To be fair I'd imagine the Adidas figure would represent a maximum with a large number of bonuses and escalators built in to trigger it.

That being said, United have the infrastructure and allure to go without Champions League football for a good while without feeling the consequences of FPP or seeing a noticeable drop in brand power.

Ok you marketing executives
You really think that the Adidas deal is a flat fee no matter what?

Nobody said that? In fact I don't think anyone was even talking about United when you chimed in with your marketing comments.

And yeah... what Mad Jack and TCO said.

Edited by Whisper in the Wind

When media posts a picture online of 'lol united lose at home to Swansea' the media impressions Man Utd have to generate to fulfill their contractual obligations would be a negative, for example, every 10 negatives equate to one positive.

Don't let people tell you all press is good press.

I posted what I posted because I was exausted by Man Utd fans posting how they can afford eeeeerytin.

• Admin
Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has revealed he could have taken the manager's job at Tottenham, earning the same money he is on at Old Trafford.
The Dutchman told the Daily Mirror it would have been easier to go to Spurs but he decided to take on a bigger challenge.
"I could have opted for an easier job. If I had gone to Tottenham, the job would not have been as enormous as here at United," he said
"I could have easily gone to Spurs. But I chose the biggest challenge of all the jobs in football. And I really wanted to join the number one club in the country, not Tottenham."