Champions League 2014/15

DFF

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Admin
Liverpool's Lazar Markovic has been suspended for four games for his red card in the club's final group game against Basel, according to Press Association Sport. The 20-year-old Serbian raised his arm in the direction of the pursuing Behrang Safari during the match and was sent-off. Markovic has been given an extra game on top of the normal three-match ban for violent conduct because he was sent off playing for Benfica in a Europa League match last May.

I am amused by the bit of this Fabregas/Verratti double-interview found around 1:55.

http://youtu.be/NbLRRogtRr

Fabregas: "Who will win this match?"

Verratti: "Chelsea."

Fabregas: "..."

Verratti: "..."

Fabregas: "I don't get it."

:lol:

PSG's injury troubles mean that David Luiz plays in midfield... Meanwhile Courtois, Cahill, Fabregas and Costa all return to the first eleven for the Blues.

PSG: Sirigu, van der Wiel, Silva, Marquinhos, Mazwell, Luiz, Verratti, Matuidi, Lavezzi, Ibrahimovic, Cavani

Subs: (dunno yet)

Chelsea: Courtois, Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Azpilicueta, Ramires, Matic, Willian, Fabregas, Hazard, Costa

Subs: Cech, Luis, Zouma, Oscar, Cuadrado, Drogba, Remy

Probably because it's an away match and Mourinho's gone for Cahill's experience. I'm not sure but I think Zouma's starts have all been home games other than in the COC.

Odds on Cahill backing off Cavani all the way to a PSG goal?