Champions League 2014/15

DFF

Rodgers can't be disappointed with a point because that's what he played for starting with both Allen and Lucas.

Rodgers will be happy, the lads showed a lot of character. And that's what really matters in football.

Rodgers can't be disappointed with a point because that's what he played for starting with both Allen and Lucas.

You mean like that time against Spurs he played for a point with Allen and Lucas? Oh no, wait, we won 5-0.

To be fair, you could have had a sheep and chicken playing in midfield when you had Suarez and still won a lot of games.

• Like 9

You mean like that time against Spurs he played for a point with Allen and Lucas? Oh no, wait, we won 5-0.

http://youtu.be/VPFCt-rk0fk?t=8s

This makes me happy.

But also sad that we sacked AVB for a lot less than what Liverpool are sticking with Rodgers for. I mean, at this time last year, we'd won 6 out of 6 in the Europa League :shifty:

I watched Liverpool tonight and just spent the whole match confused.

Why do they play like that? It's like losing one (arguably two) key players from last season has made them forget how to play. Their high intensity, high pressure style last season was really effective, Suarez or not. You're not telling me that losing him has caused that whole team to totally change the way it plays. They are just clueless, I struggled to find a sequence in the first 75 minutes where Liverpool strung four consecutive passes together. Awful. And why did they not have a striker on the bench? Are they genuinely all injured apart from Lambert?

Baffling. They'll do well to finish in the top 8 unless they sign a player or two in January.

The only other striking option at the club who is fit is Fabio Borini and he's currently not getting a look-in for whatever reason.

Losing Sturridge for half a season is a big issue. Of tonight's side Sterling and Henderson lately are the only ones who really have the engines to go like that for 90 mins. Allen has a lot of guile about him too. But as for pace Lambert, Lucas and Gerrard don't have much legs (although Lucas has been solid since coming back into the team, along with Kolo Toure who was missed tonight). Towards the end of last season the team had Coutinho, Suarez, Sturridge, Sterling scaring the shit out of people and being insanely dynamic.

I think it's a mix of tactics, mental hangover from last season, injuries and new players. Post Palace, in league games it was mostly last seasons players who were getting a game and it coincided with the team being a bit more solid.

I know you can't throw everything at a team from minute 1, but when Liverpool started running at Basel and playing with pace, they had them worried, and looked like scoring every time they attacked.

Basel are really tidy on the ball, but I don't see them going any further, especially if they're matched with a team whose willing to attack them.

Does anyone actually sing that?

I mean, I understand "Top of the league, we're having a laugh" (as in, 'we are awesome anyway so lol who gives a fuck')...but it would seem silly to sing the same about simply being in the CL.

Unless you're Arsene Wenger, I guess.

...I think this may be where my experience as a Chelsea supporter leaves me out of touch with fans of other clubs who don't qualify for Europe so much. :shifty: