Champions League 2014/15

DFF

Love to know the odds on Rodgers going before the end of the year

Slim to none.

You keep rehashing this idea over and over again, even though all friendly journos are reporting that it's not even a question FSG are asking yet. He's their guy.

I keep rehashing it as its a results business and, like it or not, you aren't getting the results. His signings have been below par, his selection policy is pretty clueless and every pundit and former Liverpool player knows the reasonings but Rodgers is either too arrogant to change or too dumb to see.

Owners don't think like fans. They think like businesspeople as they are.

Love to know the odds on Rodgers going before the end of the year

Slim to none.

You keep rehashing this idea over and over again, even though all friendly journos are reporting that it's not even a question FSG are asking yet. He's their guy.

I keep rehashing it as its a results business and, like it or not, you aren't getting the results. His signings have been below par, his selection policy is pretty clueless and every pundit and former Liverpool player knows the reasonings but Rodgers is either too arrogant to change or too dumb to see.

Owners don't think like fans. They think like businesspeople as they are.

it's not even a question FSG are asking yet. He's their guy.

Do you honestly believe that if you don't beat Basel and you're in the bottom half by Christmas that Rodgers won't be sacked?

I seriously doubt he'd be sacked before the end of this season at the earliest, whatever happens.

The league is so bizarre this year. Everyone is shit - top four is as feasible as relegation. It shouldn't even be a question at this point and we've still got Sturridge to come back in a few weeks. Besides, as I've already said, sack him and then what? Bring in a new guy with whatever financial repercussions that entails, back him further financially to bring in "his" players, and start the whole Year Zero process all over again. And who is even available right now that'd be an upgrade on what we have? It's ridiculous.

There's every sign that Liverpool's owners are willing to give Rodgers time and money to turn Liverpool into a consistent top four side again, to be honest. Since buying the Red Sox in 2002, that franchise has changed General Manager just twice, and Manager just three times. In that time they've been thrice winners of the World Series, and there's absolutely no reason why FSG wouldn't take the same approach with Liverpool.

I've always preferred the argument for not letting a few bad months lead to a manager's sacking. Give him another transfer window or two to try and sort the side out. If you sack him the next manager's only going to do the exact same thing but with the added cost of paying off Rodgers and paying compensation to the new managers old side (unless there's a big name I'm not recalling available for free right now). If they are still this shite towards the end of the season, then by all means get rid of him but give him the chance to get things sorted.

Plus, Liverpool, United and Arsenal continuing to drop points at the rate they are will amuse me and hopefully lead to Southampton snatching a Champions League place

• Like 2

Suarez gave Liverpool such false hope.

I don't think so. If Suarez was the only factor then Liverpool should've been back in the Champions League earlier than this. I think last season was a combination of a lot of factors. Suarez was one.

• Like 1

Not that I agree with Suarez being all Liverpool had but he never had a season like he did last year, with Liverpool. I think the combination of Suarez being ridiculously good, Sterling and Henderson's emergence and Sturridge making good on the 20 goals prophecy, combined into a perfect storm of a season

• Like 1

Not that I agree with Suarez being all Liverpool had but he never had a season like he did last year, with Liverpool. I think the combination of Suarez being ridiculously good, Sterling and Henderson's emergence and Sturridge making good on the 20 goals prophecy, combined into a perfect storm of a season

Right, but who coached that out of Suarez? Rodgers.