Champions League 2014/15

DFF

It may have been the group, but I'm sure it finished 3-1, and Gerrard got them back to 1-1/2-1 up. They still needed another goal after that.

...or I'm remembering it all wrong.

Edit: Google tells me it was the group, Liverpool needed to win by 2 clear goals, and were 1-0 down. Gerrard got the 3rd, which prompted Andy Gray's reaction.

Didn't Chelsea win the competition from a similar position to what Man City are in now? Or was that Liverpool?

For our last group game against Valencia, we had to a) win, or b) draw 0-0 to progress. That may be what you're thinking of.

We won 3-0, of course.

Stating the obvious, but that first Bayern goal is the worst wall placement I have ever seen.

"Right lads, just stand right in the middle and I'll stand directly behind you, leaving me unsighted and Xabi Alonso (a man who can sidefoot a 30 yarder) two bottom corners to place this in."

• Admin
Three changes for Arsenal following their 2-1 loss to Manchester United. Damian Martinez comes in for the injured Wojciech Szczesny in goal. Santi Cazorla replaces the crocked Jack Wilshere and Yaya Sanogo is in for Danny Welbeck. Borussia Dortmund make four changes from the team who drew 2-2 at Paderborn on Saturday. Ciro Immobile comes in up front, following Marco Reus's ankle injury.
Arsenal: Martinez, Chambers, Mertesacker, Monreal, Gibbs, Arteta, Ramsey, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Sanchez, Cazorla, Sanogo.
Borussia Dortmund: Weidenfeller, Piszczek, Subotic, Ginter, Schmelzer, Gundogan, Bender, Grosskreutz, Aubameyang, Mkhitaryan, Immobile.