Champions League 2014/15

DFF

• 2 weeks later...
Liverpool XI: Mignolet, Johnson, Enrique, Lovren, Skrtel, Lucas, Allen, Henderson, Gerrard, Sterling, Lambert.
Basel XI: Vaclik, Xhaka, Schar, Suchy, Safari, Elneny, Frei, Zuffi, Gonzalez, Streller, Gashi.

Posted here because Nerf did it wrong!

Just a reminder, Liverpool must win to go through - Basel will qualify with a draw, unless Ludogorets beat Real Madrid.

Yeah glad to see Podolski and Campbell start and really pleased for Podolski to score. Hopefully he'll bag a few more and Anderlecht can scrape a win against Dortmund. I'll be raging if we throw away another three goals advantage.

Tyldesley said Basel knocked Spurs out of the Europa last season. Did he mean the season before or something? Almost positive they went out against Benfica.

They definitely lost to Basel in the quarter finals in 2012-13. No idea about last season.

"Just go and win a game of football, that's all Brendan Rodgers has to tell his players."

Yup, I'm sure it's that simple, Andy.

Judging by the cohesiveness of the performance, I think that was the actual prematch team talk.

Bale has scored - 6 games, 6 wins, then. Think Sky said it'd only be the 6th time it's ever happened, with Real doing it for a 2nd time.

Clearly the devils work.

And that does sound like a Larz brand team talk.