Champions League 2014/15

DFF

Quoting myself just to bring it through to the new page:

Going to try and keep the results of the draw updated here...

Group A

Atletico Madrid

Juventus

Olympiacos

Malmo

Group B

Real Madrid

Basel

LIVERPOOL

Ludogrets

Group C

Benfica

Zenit St. Petersburg

Bayer Leverkusen

Monaco

Group D

ARSENAL

Borussia Dortmund

Galatasaray

Anderlecht

Group E

Bayern Munich

MANCHESTER CITY

CSKA Moscow

Roma

Group F

Barcelona

Paris Saint-Germain

Ajax

APOEL Nicosia

Group G

CHELSEA

Schalke

Sporting Lisbon

Maribor

Group H

Porto

Shakhtar Donetsk

Athletic Bilbao

BATE Borisov

• Like 1

Liverpool shouldn't really have a problem qualifying from that group (albeit in 2nd).

Neither should Arsenal but maybe they'll make it unnecessarily hard for themselves again.

City will be entertaining as they always are in Europe. :shifty:

Yeah, apart from Dortmund (again) I'm quite happy with that. We should beat them as we were the better team last time round but as Stoke said, we like to make it tough.

I'd love for us to finish first and not get a hard draw in the knockout stages (again). I don't want to play Bayern anymore :(

• Like 1

A Liverpool supporting friend just posted on Facebook - "missed the draw, which group are Man Utd in?"

Because lol, we didn't qualify.

The reply was pretty sharp though, from a guy I don't know - "The one with Blackburn, Arsenal, Chelsea and Man City".

• Like 1

So, there are proposals from UEFA to change the seeding system for the Group stage from next season.

Anyone know what these proposals are?

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/30778/9446534/domestic-winners-to-benefit-as-uefa-plans-change-to-champions-league-seeding-system

That the top 8 seeds (Pot 1) would be the CL winners and the champions of the top 7 ranked leagues.

Otherwise known as 'Manchester City's dream come true'. :shifty:

• Like 1