Football League Thread 14/15

METALMAN

Theo, the mascot, heeling it up at half time by saving all the kids penalties

I went to an Orient game earlier this season and the mascot was crushing kids dreams left, right and centre. He wasn't even making comical dives or anything, he just stood on the goalline kicking any shot away. Theo is a cruel, cruel mascot.

• Like 7

Theo, the mascot, heeling it up at half time by saving all the kids penalties

I went to an Orient game earlier this season and the mascot was crushing kids dreams left, right and centre. He wasn't even making comical dives or anything, he just stood on the goalline kicking any shot away. Theo is a cruel, cruel mascot.

He is teaching them about the harsh reality of life

• Like 1

• Admin
Blackburn, Leeds and Nottingham Forest have been given transfer embargoes for the rest of the season for breaching Financial Fair Play rules. The Championship trio have been handed the bans for not meeting the Football League's Fair Play Requirement.
Reading have sacked manager Nigel Adkins after 20 months in charge of the club.

They've been given "transfer embargoes", yeah. FFP is totally ridiculous and a fairly poor attempt at looking like something is being done about football clubs who don't manage their finances properly.

In other news, Channel 5 seems to have won the rights to the FL highlights from next season. Broadcasting before MOTD in a 9pm slot, which swung the bid apparently as BBC's bid was financially similar, just keeping it in the graveyard midnight slot. I'm torn, because boo adverts, but the coverage might actually be a bit better. Perhaps.

Probably have to stay up late still anyway to watch my team as we'll be in League 2 the rate we're going.

All confirmed now. Consortium has bought the club and has installed Ronnie Moore as the new manager.

Hopefully they have some money to give him in January, I'd be gutted if we got relegated. Never been out of the FL in 107 years.

Good luck to the fans in setting up a new club. Sad as it is to see any club wound up, it is perhaps sadder that most true Hereford fans actually wanted this to happen because the situation had become so dire. Hope they reform and have a team playing at Edgar Street next season.