2015 MLB Season

thatshortguy

I caved and bought MLB.tv despite saying I wouldnt. I can't afford it but without I get ZERO baseball. I'd greatly appreciate Trout having another MVP year and the Angels going to the World Series to make my purchase worth while.

I'm pulling for a Reds or Dodgers (I'm a Reds fan and my parents are Dodgers fans) vs. Red Sox World Series. But as long as the Braves, Cardinals or Yankees do not make make it, I'll be perfectly happy.

I'm all for Angels/Cubbies.

And speaking of the Cubs. I know its preseason and it means nothing but HOLY FUCK Baez, Soler and Bryant just went back to back to back on the long ball. Wow.

I caved and bought MLB.tv despite saying I wouldnt. I can't afford it but without I get ZERO baseball. I'd greatly appreciate Trout having another MVP year and the Angels going to the World Series to make my purchase worth while.

And here we see one of only five Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim fans left in the wild.

Dodgers/Yankees, please. It's best for business, as well as my rivalry with Meacon.

• Like 1

Is it wrong for me to root for an AL team and a NL team? Because I'm going to!

Nah, I do too. Dodgers and A's.

Of course, if they play, then I root for the Dodgers, so they reign supreme, but I think, in baseball, it's ok to like multiple teams.

I know some people are against it, but I think that in baseball, the NFL, and college sports it's ok to like more than one team, as long as it's AL/NL, AFC/NFC, or, for college, teams outside of the conference that aren't rivals. For instance, like with myself, Dodgers/A's, in the NFL I don't do it because, as a Raiders fan, we hate everyone and everyone hates us (although it's nice to see some of the teams that haven't won in forever win, like when New Orleans did), and in college football it's UCLA/Navy. Though, the Dodgers and the Bruins are definitely my favorite teams, the A's and Midshipmen are definitely second place.

EDIT: Just to clarify, though, as an Angels' fan, if your second team is the Dodgers, then that's bad form. They're semi-rivals, although I think that's a bigger deal for Angels fans than Dodgers fans.

I fall victim to the liking certain players so rooting for their teams when my team is out a lot, especially in basketball. With college sports it's Maryland all the way, but Navy takes second place. Even though it's same conference there are valid reasons why the Bills are my 2nd NFL team (a distant 2nd though). And in baseball I only ever root for the Orioles but with the Nationals an hour away I can catch a lot of their games on TV so they're my backup team.

Is it wrong for me to root for an AL team and a NL team? Because I'm going to!

Nah, I do too. Dodgers and A's.

Of course, if they play, then I root for the Dodgers, so they reign supreme, but I think, in baseball, it's ok to like multiple teams.

I know some people are against it, but I think that in baseball, the NFL, and college sports it's ok to like more than one team, as long as it's AL/NL, AFC/NFC, or, for college, teams outside of the conference that aren't rivals. For instance, like with myself, Dodgers/A's, in the NFL I don't do it because, as a Raiders fan, we hate everyone and everyone hates us (although it's nice to see some of the teams that haven't won in forever win, like when New Orleans did), and in college football it's UCLA/Navy. Though, the Dodgers and the Bruins are definitely my favorite teams, the A's and Midshipmen are definitely second place.

EDIT: Just to clarify, though, as an Angels' fan, if your second team is the Dodgers, then that's bad form. They're semi-rivals, although I think that's a bigger deal for Angels fans than Dodgers fans.

Oh, definitely not the Dodgers. Screw those guys. :lol: No offense intended, of course.

Its the Cubs. I'm a Bears fan so I have a fondness for them because of that. Find myself rooting for them more each year (probably because I get more into baseball each year).

• Like 2

Ten days until Opening Day!

I still say it should be a national holiday. Ain't no fools wanna work on Opening Day.

Any way, to get us pumped up, here's a classic that some of you likely haven't seen (Niner/TEOL) or weren't alive to see (here's looking at you, HeadCheese), but that everyone should.

I was a few months shy of four years old when this happened, but I still remember watching it with my dad. He's a hardcore Yankee fan, but just the excitement of it made him jump out of his seat.

Enjoy. Especially you, DMN.

• Like 2

That's amazing. I think I've seen DMN post it in the Greatest Sporting Moments thread a few months back but just as incredible watching it the second time. Talk about fairytale.