NL WC: Pitt over San Francisco

ALDS: Tigers over Yanks

ALDS: Los Angeles of Anaheim over Toronto

NLDS: Los Angeles over Pittsburgh

NLDS: Washington over St. Louis

ALCS: Detroit over LA of A

NLCS: Los Angeles over Washington

World Series: Detroit over Los Angeles

Well, my fantasy league finally did the auto-draft. I got a fairly good line-up, but there are a few players I want to replace:

C - Carlos Santana, Cleveland (also eligible for 1B and 3B) - First of all, I can't have him on my team without having "Black Magic Woman" and "Smooth" playing in my head. Second of all, I want a pure catcher.

SS - Jimmy Rollins - Somehow, I seem to end up with him every year. And I haven't actually intentionally drafted him since about 2011....

OF - Jay Bruce - Yes, I'm a Reds fan, but I also have Joey Votto and Billy Hamilton (plus Cueto and Chapman), and my other OFs are Billy Hamilton, Mike Trout, Jacoby Ellsbury, Nelson Cruz and Ryan Zimmerman (who is also eligible for 3B). Should I cut him and pick up an extra C, SS or 2B? (I have backups for 1st and 3rd base)

SP - Garrett Richards, LAA - He's on the 15-DL.

SP - Andrew Cashner, SD - I know very little about him.

Don't cut Bruce. He's likely going to have a bounce back year. Don't cut Richards; does your league not have DL spots? And Cashner has talent but never had much defense or run support; this year he has both.

In conclusion, don't mess with your line up quite yet.

Thanks for the advice, Meacon.

My league does have DL spots, but I already put in to get Ian Kennedy off waivers and drop Richards for him. He was 9-9 last season, and I don't see him finishing much better this year.

If I've got any other pitchers I'll drop, it would probably be Cole Hamels. I have a feeling the Phillies are going to be rubbish this year.

Debating on which catcher I should replace Santana with: Russell Martin or Salavador Perez?

Neither because Santana is better than both and has more position eligibility. I cannot understand why you'd want to get rid of him to replace him with a lesser player, simply because they're a "pure" catcher.

• Like 2

I agree it is better to have a player play multiple positions than not, but would you really want two catcher's batting unless they really are both at the top of their game? Which would make me ask why you made two high tier catchers among your top picks. :P

I don't even have two catchers on my team right now....

Right now, I have:

Carlos Santana - C, 1B, 3B

Joey Votto - 1B

Dee Gordon - 2B

Adrian Beltre - 3B

Jimmy Rollins - SS

Mike Trout - OF

Billy Hamilton - OF

Jacoby Elsbury - OF

Adrian Gonzalez - 1B (currently in the Utility slot)

David Ortiz - 1B

Nelson Cruz - OF

Jay Bruce - OF

Ryan Zimmerman - 3B, OF

Starting Pitchers:

Cole Hamels

Johnny Cueto

Hisashi Iwakuma

Andrew Cashner

Garrett Richards (being replaced by Ian Kennedy, hopefully, if it goes through)

Relief Pitchers:

Aroldis Chapman

Drew Storen

Greg Holland

Iwakuma was 15-9 with a 3.52 ERA last season. I'm not crazy about the ERA, but he should do better in the win column this year. Cole Hamels was 9-9 with a 2.46 ERA, but I expect the Phillies to be able to same or worse than last year, not better.

Its a head to head league I've been participating in for several years, and will be more competitive this year because the players with the two worst teams last year decided not to play. Its a 6 team league instead of the usual 8 teams.

Funny thing is, we always do auto-draft, and no matter what I always end up with jimmy Rollins, David Ortiz, or both on my team. I believe the last time I didn't have either was 2012. And I'm wary of Ortiz having another slow start this year.

Pretty sure Hamels is going bye-bye. Looked at who's available, and I can grab Michael Wacha.

Thanks for the advice, Meacon.

My league does have DL spots, but I already put in to get Ian Kennedy off waivers and drop Richards for him. He was 9-9 last season, and I don't see him finishing much better this year.

If I've got any other pitchers I'll drop, it would probably be Cole Hamels. I have a feeling the Phillies are going to be rubbish this year.

Debating on which catcher I should replace Santana with: Russell Martin or Salavador Perez?

Richards is a sleeper pick for the AL Cy Young. You'll end up regretting dropping him.

Okay, so last years plan to get involved in Baseball didn't go as planned so I'm looking at trying again this year. Can anyone give me a run-down of the top players in the league right now? I have a better chance of catching more Jay's games than anyone else so I think that's mostly what I'll have a chance to watch. Anyone give me the good and bad of the team this year?