2015 MLB Season

thatshortguy

I remember watching the game on tv. I was seventeen. Both my parents are Dodgers fans and even though I'm a Reds fan, I was still cheering when Gibson hit that.

A's fans will hate me, because my other favorite World Series memory of the past century was when the heavily favorited, heavily overrated Oakland A's got swept 4 games to none by the Cincinnati Ice Cream Men....I mean Reds....in 1990.

That's probably the greatest moment in Los Angeles sports history. The Lakers have won a ton of championships, and there's no doubt that the city loves them (and the Kings), but nothing brings the city together like the Dodgers.

I'm not even the biggest baseball fan, but it seems like, in most cities, when the baseball team is really good, the city comes alive for it more so than any other sport. I think maybe because, again, in most cities, the baseball team is the oldest, most entrenched team.

Baseball is also a night-in, night-out affair. Football is huge but it's only once a week. When your baseball team is good the entire city goes through the ups and downs every night of the week. And while statistically the NBA is the hardest league to win, I think having teams like the Cubs who haven't won in over a century and then over half of the World Series ever won being split between 5 teams makes it feel so much more important for a city when they do win one.

I know for a fact if the Orioles ever win one I'm going to be down on my knees crying, but that's never happened with the Ravens despite them playing so many high stakes games in the past 15 years. It's because you get those high stakes games on a weekly basis with football, but in baseball it's just about every night so it's so much easier to lose perspective and "live and die" with the games.

2004 was amazing. Having not won a World Series in my lifetime before that, and in 86 years overall - that was really special, and united the entire region. Especially after coming back from down 0-3 on the Yankees in the ALCS. The Patriots had won three Super Bowls in the previous four years, but the World Series coming to Boston was a much bigger deal than even the first SB win.

Bryant will be on the roster by mid April. I believe the 15th is the date that gives Cubs another year of control. No way they leave him down longer than that.

It's a service time deal. The real mark of their insanity is if those guys aren't on the 40-man if the team is in contention later on.

Would be a damn shame for anyone who drafted them in Fantasy Baseball. :pervert:

Pretty sure I drafted them all. I'm confident on Bryants return. Baez being sent down is a nightmare.

AL East: Orioles

AL Central: Tigers

AL West: A's

WC: Red Sox and Mariners

NL East: Nationals

NL Central: Cardinals

NL West: Dodgers

WC: Cubs, Padres

Wild prediction: Cubs will be in the World Series

Well, we mostly agree:

AL East: Orioles

AL West: A's

WC: Red Sox and Angels

NL Central: Pirates

WC: Giants, Cardinals

I definitely think the Cubs will be better, but not good enough to make the post season. Unfortunately, I don't see my Reds being good enough, either, barring a Pirates or Cardinals collapse.

AL East: Red Sox

AL West: Angles

WC: Marlins and Orioles

NL Central: Pirates

WC: Cubs and Marlins (WAY TO GO CUBBIES)

WS: Nationals over Tigers

I don't like you.