Superman 64 Discussion Thread

Benji

Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na...  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na...

• BATMAN!
    • LEADER!

Shadow of Mordor was well known for hiring a PR company who offered early access to the game in return for favourable reviews

That's very unethical. What did Gamergate do about this? My guess is yell at Anita some more. But go on anyway. Maybe you'll change some minds.

SDM just answered. Total Biscuit did some things.

Shadow of Mordor was well known for hiring a PR company who offered early access to the game in return for favourable reviews

That's very unethical. What did Gamergate do about this? My guess is yell at Anita some more. But go on anyway. Maybe you'll change some minds.

Well come on Pizza, what did she do to stop it?

tb did an entire video discussing how he thought it was unethical and turned down the branding deal, and he also discussed it on a podcast where all of the participants confirmed being offered and rejecting the deal.

In contrast, btw, Anita never covered the issue. :P

And how about the parts where I question your continued insistence on associating with a toxic brand, instead of striking out on your own and actually having a shot at credibility and not being constantly associated with harassment and misogyny? Anything on that front?

Do you honestly think if we did that the misogynists would not follow to what ever statement or flag we put out there?

This is one of the most pathetic excuses I have ever seen for anything, ever. You deserve the negative reactions you get, because you're too lazy, too scared or you don't care enough to actually try and get away from them.

In your opinion. My question still stands, because we HAVE changed once before. From "The Quinnspiracy" to "Gamergate", we did that to specifically get away from the people harassing Zoe Quinn and to focus on our issue, the Grayson issue and the subsequent issues that followed. What happened? The Harrassers followed us to the Gamergate group. It's easy to say "Change the Flag" or "Why not try this?" but we already know that simply doesn't work.

So tell me oh wise one, since you clearly have all the answers, what do we do when we switch tags and the narrative is either "Look at the misogynists trying to prove they're not misogynists but hiding behind another tag" or in three months when that tag gets spammed by trolls who have nothing to do with the group we're back at the same fucking spot?

Anita's videos don't cover ethics in video games journalism. That's like saying that you don't understand why SportsCenter didn't cover the Rwandan genocide.

there was a :P there. lighten up.

NO U

From "The Quinnspiracy" to "Gamergate", we did that to specifically get away from the people harassing Zoe Quinn

You did a horrible, lousy fucking job at it then.

And of course, I believe everything ever posted on Tumblr

NO U

From "The Quinnspiracy" to "Gamergate", we did that to specifically get away from the people harassing Zoe Quinn

There is literally no way, between the time Sousa posted that and you responded, that you could have read that.

• Like 4

In your opinion. My question still stands, because we HAVE changed once before. From "The Quinnspiracy" to "Gamergate", we did that to specifically get away from the people harassing Zoe Quinn and to focus on our issue, the Grayson issue and the subsequent issues that followed. What happened? The Harrassers followed us to the Gamergate group. It's easy to say "Change the Flag" or "Why not try this?" but we already know that simply doesn't work.

So tell me oh wise one, since you clearly have all the answers, what do we do when we switch tags and the narrative is either "Look at the misogynists trying to prove they're not misogynists but hiding behind another tag" or in three months when that tag gets spammed by trolls who have nothing to do with the group we're back at the same fucking spot?

Well I'm pretty sure I did mention previous things like "grow up" and "get over it" but considering you're age, its probably too late for that. You continue the fight, and if it really matter to you to be taken seriously and not associated with the seedy elements, this wouldn't even be a question. Put the work in, do what needs to be done for as long as it fucking takes, if you actually care. Otherwise its too lazy, too scared, too many excuses. But maybe crying some more will work?

You'd fit in perfectly so I take that as a sincere statement, thank you for accepting our views.

Not really. I do this incredibly assholely thing tumblrs don't like. It's called thinking

NO U

There is literally no way, between the time Sousa posted that and you responded, that you could have read that.

There's no need to, it's from Quinn herself and it's on Tumblr. I don't need to read it to know it's biased

And how about the parts where I question your continued insistence on associating with a toxic brand, instead of striking out on your own and actually having a shot at credibility and not being constantly associated with harassment and misogyny? Anything on that front?

Do you honestly think if we did that the misogynists would not follow to what ever statement or flag we put out there?

This is one of the most pathetic excuses I have ever seen for anything, ever. You deserve the negative reactions you get, because you're too lazy, too scared or you don't care enough to actually try and get away from them.

It could be a tangible evidence that you guys are distancing yourselves from the assholes and quite likely they'll get bored following you round, if as you say they're simply trolls. Sounds like they're getting their kicks from making you guys look like misogynists so keep changing your "flag" till they get bored. What's a genuine good reason not to at least try, if you're so dead set and serious about tackling the ethical issues?

While I'm here, tone it down with the hostile aggression. That's for everyone not just Troy. Debate it all you want but if you get pissed off just walk away.

• Like 1

You'd fit in perfectly so I take that as a sincere statement, thank you for accepting our views.

Not really. I do this incredibly assholely thing tumblrs don't like. It's called thinking

Well it's certainly not reading.

Like I said it's biased, of course Quinn is going to feel that way. But you can't damn a group for the actions of members who may or may not be members in the first place

It could be a tangible evidence that you guys are distancing yourselves from the assholes and quite likely they'll get bored following you round, if as you say they're simply trolls. Sounds like they're getting their kicks from making you guys look like misogynists so keep changing your "flag" till they get bored. What's a genuine good reason not to at least try, if you're so dead set and serious about tackling the ethical issues?

While I'm here, tone it down with the hostile aggression. That's for everyone not just Troy. Debate it all you want but if you get pissed off just walk away.

I apologise and will withdraw myself again. I just get a little defensive and angry when I'm painted as a misogynist and a member of a hate group when the majority is not a hate group.