The Simpsons

Lord Nibbler

"If I wanted to see a man eat an orange, I'd have taken the orange eating class."

"The eating of an orange is alot like a good marriage..."

"JUST EAT THE DAMN ORANGES!"

• Like 1

TGWTG just did a Top 11 Simpsons episodes - and I'm pretty much on board with him, he makes some good choices - some of which are amazing but wouldn't be in my own personal top 11 (Cape Feare for instance) but his #2 is kind of a copout and his #1 I don't agree with in the least.

His #1 and #2:

For his #2 he selected ALL of the Halloween episodes and his #1 was Bart Gets An F. And half of his reasoning for that is based off stuff like "it was the first of the new animation style" which really doesn't factor into how good the episode is.. really, I think.

I haven't seen the video, but...

#2 I definitely understand. Whenever I'm watching The Simpsons on TV, I always get a smile if I happen to catch any random Halloween episode. Doesn't matter which.

#1 is a weird, weird choice. It's significant because of the animation and because of the record-breaking number of viewers, but it's a fairly mediocre episode compared to others around that time.

Moe: So, come on: I need a name that says friendly, all-American cooking.

Homer: How about, "Chairman Moe's Magic Wok"?

Barney: I like it!

Moe: Mmm, nah. I want something that says people can have a nice relaxing time.

Homer: [pounds fist] I got it! "Madman Moe's Pressure Cooker"!

Barney: I like it!

Moe: Hey! How about, "Uncle Moe's Family Feedbag"?

Barney: I hate it.

Also, "Come to Uncle Moe's for family fun. Its good, good, good, good, good good-good" ... "Mmm... Sounds good."

:D

I just finished watching Marge Vs. The Monorail. Surely has to be one of the best ever episodes, quality stuff all the way through.

• Like 1

I love this whole scene from "Lisa's Sax"

[During Springfield's unseasonable heat wave; Homer is watching TV while in his underwear] Kent Brockman [on TV]: And so Springfield's heat wave continues, with today's temperature exceeding the record for this date, set way back four billion years ago, when the earth was just a ball of molten lava!

Homer: Oh...so hot...

Marge: Homer, have you seen the frozen peas?

[Homer wipes his face with a frozen dinner and pulls the peas out from underneath him.]

Marge: Ahh, you keep 'em. Now listen, if we can't afford private school, maybe there's some other way to encourage Lisa. An art class! Ballet lessons! They have some fun things you can do at the museum on Saturday!

Homer: Uh-uh. Forget it, Marge. There is no way I am spending my Saturdays at a museum. Unless...museums don't have foosball, do they?

[Homer daydreams about himself at the museum, playing foosball with a statue.]

Homer: You lose, Michealangelo's "David"! Who's next?

Edward Munch's "The Scream": Meeeeeee!

[end of Homer's daydream]

Marge: Mmm, it doesn't matter. All these things cost money and we don't have it. Unless...

Homer: Unless...what?

Marge: Well, there is that $200 we've been saving for the new air conditioner.

Homer: Oh, Marge, but we've needed a new air conditioner for years! And our stop-gap solution is getting cranky! [The "stop-gap solution" is a white cat with a fan on its tail, blowing air onto a block of ice, who lets out an angry meow]

Marge: I cannot believe this! I'm trying to give our daughter a head start in life, and you aren't helping a bit!

Homer: Marge, name one successful person in life who ever lived without air conditioning.

Marge: Balzac.

Homer: No need for potty mouth just because you can't think of one.

Marge: But Balzac is the name!

Homer: [interrupts] "If ifs and buts were candy and nuts..." uh, how does the rest of that go?

[Homer steals Flanders' air conditioner]

Ned: Uh, Homer?

Homer: What, Flanders?

Ned: [polite tone] Well sir, I hate to be a suspicious-Aloysius on you, [switches to angry tone] but did you steal my air conditioner?

[scene shows Flanders' house with a hole torn out of the side in the window where his air conditioner used to be which leads to a fence that's been knocked over along with footprints in the dirt, leading to Homer's window where his air conditioner is]

Homer: Well, I admit it looks bad, Flanders, but haven't you heard of "let he who is without sin cast the first stone"? [gets hit on the head with a rock].

Todd: Got him, dad!