Tennis!

sahyder1

No surprise to see Phillipousis go out without much of a fight. I remember when he was actually half decent, now we're supposed to rely on Lleyton for our tennis glory - and he's a prize ass.

I can't see Federer losing it, truth be told. Women's tennis is far more open atm, especially with the injuries. Would like to see Sharipova or Clijsters take it out.

I can see Federer winning the tournament, probably beating Hewitt in the semis, but Hewitt has to start playing better soon or he wont make it to the semis. Heres to hope that James Blake has a good run in the tournament.

On the womens side it is pretty much open, I want Sharapova to win, but there are a lot of players who are capable of winning it, Williams, Clijsters, Henin Hardenne. I don't think Davenport has a chance of winning. Hingis can go a few round but will not be a real threat.

There really hasn't been many interesting matches from what I've seen on the ESPN2 coverage aside from Hewitt nearly gagging in the 1st round and Venus getting bounced on the first day. Hopefully things start to get better with the next round starting tomorrow.

The Williamses are gone and I'm ecstatic. Of the remaining women in the draw I'd really like to see Hingis, Clijsters or Davenport win, but I'm sticking with Justine because she seems the strongest of the bunch when combining mental toughness and physical fitness.

Looks like Federer/Roddick in the final now that Ginepri and Blake are out. I doubt Ljubicic troubles Roddick, but I'd just like to see him get stomped in the final by Federer just to crush his self esteem again.

Edited by naiwf27

Ljubcic is my non-Federer pick and has been since Monday. My tennis coach picked Ancic. Pwned him.

Clijsters won't win it, she's too hurt.

Hingis could, but doubt she will not this soon.

Davenport is all like "FINAL!!!!!!" and screws it up (see: Wimbledon)

Henin-Hardenne is a smart choice.

Baghdatis is my hero for the day as he bounced Rod-dick pretty handily. The bottom half of the draw was a basic layup for Andy and of course he gagged again. Federer's road to the title just got that much easier unless he ends up facing Nalbandian in the final.

No matter what happens between now and the end of the tourney I'm happy since neither Williams sister nor the most overrated player on the men's tour will be adding to their GS collections (Y)

Edited by naiwf27

My only hope is that at least ONE of the Women's QF matches is close since only 2 of the 8 in the previous round were (Clijsters went to a tiebreak set against Schiavone as did Hingis & Stosur).

I think Henin-Hardenne beats Lindsay in straight sets something like 6-4, 6-2, Sharapova blows Petrova off of the court 2 and 2, Schnyder beats Mauresmo in 3 lopsided sets (something like 6-2, 1-6, 6-2) because a GS trophy is Mauresmo's kryptonite, and Hingis pulls off the upset in 3 over Clijsters because she'll make Kimmy run a lot.

On the men's side I'm guessing Federer, Kiefer, Nalbandian & Baghdatis make it to the Semis, all in 4 sets. The last couple of rounds should be sick on both sides though.

Hingis 6-1, 7-6 Stosur

Hardly anything to be thrilled about considering during Stosur's last round match Hingis left after one match more or less because she saw her as no challenge. 7-6 is no good but I hope she does well.

Lets not forget the other great Swiss female, Patty Schynder, go her and he brilliant win over Myskina. Yay.

Roddick is out, but I reckon he would have lost to Nalbandian anyways. Federer versus Nalbandian in the final, four sets.

I cannot wait for Dabydenko and Federer... should be great. Oh, and more Hingis is always good. I'm actually rooting agaisnt Clijsters in the name of Martina (One of my all-time favorites). The tournament's winner will be decided in the Henin-Hardenne and Davenport match I think though.