Sky Bet Football League thread 2015/16

Lineker

Looks like Wednesday are replacing Stuart Gray with Carlos Carvalhal, former Sporting Lisbon and Besiktas coach. Not heard of him before, but can't be all that bad if he's coached those two clubs.

Fanbase seems split, but he can't be much worse than most of the guff we've had since Ron Atkinson left for the second time back in the late 90's. Not an established name in English football, but neither were two of the three managers that got promoted out of the Championship last season.

Mike Basset managed Norwich and England >_>

Looks like Wednesday are replacing Stuart Gray with Carlos Carvalhal, former Sporting Lisbon and Besiktas coach. Not heard of him before, but can't be all that bad if he's coached those two clubs.

Fanbase seems split, but he can't be much worse than most of the guff we've had since Ron Atkinson left for the second time back in the late 90's. Not an established name in English football, but neither were two of the three managers that got promoted out of the Championship last season.

Mike Basset managed Norwich and England >_>

Mike Bassett would have done a better job of managing us back in the day than the likes of Paul Jewell and Terry Yorath, I reckon.

• Admin
Fulham midfielder Ryan Tunnicliffe has been banned for two games for a derogatory comment on Twitter about Chelsea striker Patrick Bamford's sexuality. The 22-year-old admitted a Football Association charge of aggravated misconduct by reference to sexual orientation. The former Manchester United youth team player will miss the first two games of next season and was fined £5,000. He must attend an education course.

• Admin
Leeds owner Massimo Cellino has been fined 40,000 euros (£28,500) after being found guilty of tax evasion by an Italian court. The 58-year-old was convicted of failing to pay VAT on a Range Rover imported from the United States. Cellino only returned to the Leeds board last month after serving a four-month Football League ban for failing to pay import duty on a yacht. The League is yet to comment on whether Cellino could face further action.

Apparently it wasn't a criminal case or something so the league won't be able to take any action. Essentially it was like being taken to court over a parking ticket... A very expensive ticket.

• Admin
Meanwhile, Leeds sporting director Nicola Salerno has left the club after his contract was terminated by mutual consent. Salerno was appointed by chairman Massimo Cellino last summer but his departure had seemed inevitable after Cellino claimed he had resigned in April.

QPR have confirmed that first-team coach Kevin Bond is to leave the club. The 58-year-old, who previously managed Bournemouth, has a contract until the end of June and will depart Loftus Road when that deal expires.

• 2 weeks later...

This is bollocks. All my favourite Orient players have fucked off. Lisbie, Mooney, Vincelot, all gone. If Cox and Baudry leave, I just dunno any more.

This is bollocks. All my favourite Orient players have fucked off. Lisbie, Mooney, Vincelot, all gone. If Cox and Baudry leave, I just dunno any more.

How do you think the new signings will shape up? I've always found predicting a player's impact in this league particularly difficult, but how does it look for Orient at this stage of the pre-season?

How do you think the new signings will shape up? I've always found predicting a player's impact in this league particularly difficult, but how does it look for Orient at this stage of the pre-season?

Dunno, really. We've let go some of our better players and brought in some unknowns.

As of a discussion with Niner, I now officially have Fleetwood as my Football League team.

I was somewhat pleased until I found out their stadium is called Highbury :shifty:

Just about every somewhat decent player I knew from my FM12 game with Fleetwood has been released :(