Sky Bet Football League thread 2015/16

Lineker

Steven Taylor's been released. Brilliant at times, hilarious at others, but injuries have utterly done him in. Apparently there were discussions which I presume was some kind of pay as you play thing, a new contract for a player who can't manage double figures is pointless.

Also Woodgate is a free agent, so we might as well get a superior permacrock.

On 02/06/2016 at 20:46, Adam said:

I'm surprised Monk has gone there. That could damage his good reputation quickly, considering the average life span of a Leeds United manager.

It's a no brainer really, either you succeed and you're the one that got Leeds back to where they belong or more likely you get paid a year's wages for 4 months work and no one cares that you get sacked because it was Cellino and everyone knows he's a crackpot that sacks managers because they wore the wrong colour socks.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Matt said:

It's a no brainer really, either you succeed and you're the one that got Leeds back to where they belong or more likely you get paid a year's wages for 4 months work and no one cares that you get sacked because it was Cellino and everyone knows he's a crackpot that sacks managers because they wore the wrong colour socks.

That's more or less what I was trying to say earlier, but you said it better.

I see they've agreed to let top flight academy sides play in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy next season. I'm not sure how I feel about that. On the one hand, I'm not too fussed as almost nobody cares about the competition anyway, but I'd really hate to see something like this extended to the Football League itself.

It's a fucking horrible idea, aside from playoffs it's the only way small teams are going to get a Wembley trip and a trophy. Now they're going to take that away so we can have Liverpool's stiffs vs Chelsea's stiffs in the final? Fuck that noise. Once again making sure the big boys get bigger and fuck the little guys.

Fuck off football league and fuck off Shaun Harvey you useless cunt. 

• Like 4

And there's now a group stage in the EFL Trophy, boring. I'm not spending money to see three pointless matches no one cares about on a Tuesday night, especially when one of them is against West Brom U18s.

This is the beginning of the decline for the Football League, thanks to this obsession with 'B Teams' or variants of them.

• Like 2

I really hope they don't bring this into the FL proper. As much as I'd love to see Orient vs West Ham, I'd much rather see that in The Championship than against the U16's in League Two.

• Like 1