Sky Bet Football League thread 2015/16

Lineker

34 minutes ago, MDK said:

You bastard.

Solid winger, left footed but can play right or left wing. He has a lot of passion as well.

I do like passion. Nothing concrete at this stage anyway, might be a load of rubbish.

Whether they do a one-off expanded play off system or not, I doubt anything is going to make me think this proposal is workable at all. I'm not totally against changing it, but an extra division is not necessary in my opinion, it will only affect the smaller teams in a bad way, puts the entire non-league system down a further level and I am fairly sure this is a way to try and ease in 'B Teams' from the big clubs which would absolutely kill lower league football. If they want to eliminate 'fixture congestion' then they need to eliminate / alter the League Cup and League Trophy, not butcher the actual divisions.

If my club are a League Two club in that restructuring season also then I will probably not even bother wasting my time with it. Basically scrapping to try and stay at the same level with a massively increased chance of being relegated to a glorified Conference for no good sporting reason. Sounds absolutely shite.

I honestly think it is about time something is done about this turnover of managers in the game. Either come up with a system where managers cannot just be sacked so easily (you can't do this with contracted players for instance) or do away with the concept of 'manager' and just have a flexible, fluid 'team' of staff at each club overseeing the football and playing squad. This makes it 57 managers in the Football League to lose their job this season I believe. That is absolutely ridiculous.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Adam said:

I honestly think it is about time something is done about this turnover of managers in the game. Either come up with a system where managers cannot just be sacked so easily (you can't do this with contracted players for instance) or do away with the concept of 'manager' and just have a flexible, fluid 'team' of staff at each club overseeing the football and playing squad. This makes it 57 managers in the Football League to lose their job this season I believe. That is absolutely ridiculous.

Managers can only be hired during transfer windows?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MDK said:

Managers can only be hired during transfer windows?

Not sure that's exactly the solution but something along those lines perhaps with a 'window' for changing managers.

In more important news, we have signed your captain Mathieu Baudry. What's he like? We are desperate for good defenders, it has been a shambles for far too long. He is our FOURTH signing of the summer already, and we aren't even out of May yet. Fergie means business.

2 hours ago, Adam said:

Not sure that's exactly the solution but something along those lines perhaps with a 'window' for changing managers.

In more important news, we have signed your captain Mathieu Baudry. What's he like? We are desperate for good defenders, it has been a shambles for far too long. He is our FOURTH signing of the summer already, and we aren't even out of May yet. Fergie means business.

Sigh. One of my Orient faves. Good centreback, a couple of years ago he could have been in any team in the Championship. Pretty good on the ball as well. Captain material.

17 minutes ago, MDK said:

Sigh. One of my Orient faves. Good centreback, a couple of years ago he could have been in any team in the Championship. Pretty good on the ball as well. Captain material.

Excellent, sounds like exactly what we need. He's said he wanted to go back to League One but was convinced to come here to work for Darren Ferguson. Looks like we aren't messing around this season.