Sky Bet Football League thread 2015/16

Lineker

2 hours ago, Lineker said:

Bournemouth were almost in the conference a few years ago, pretty hard to imagine they would end up where they have :/

I know, I'm only kidding :P

I hope Plymouth win, I'd rather not have to face them again next season.

• Like 1

Well, I mean acceleration is Force / mass. The mass of the football is roughly constant, however, increased muscle mass allows for a far greater exertion of force upon an object, based upon F = ma.

Ergo, a large force being exerted onto a football would increase the acceleration of a football over a set distance, say twelve yards. This greater acceleration increases velocity, meaning the distance is covered in less time. This is problematic for the goalkeeper, as he has less reaction time to make a decision regarding his movement in relation to the penalty kick, the faster the reaction time, the less likelihood of the correct decision being made and the goalkeeper failing to stop the penalty kick.

It's pretty basic classical mechanics with a smattering of neuroscience.

;)

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Lol

I thought Man Utd were your team anyway. 

Hey...If you are allowed to support about 50 teams so can Mad Jack :P

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Of course he can. Just like Kaney can follow Celtic and Arsenal. No difference between it.

I think the 48 other teams is the difference :shifty:

• Like 7