Sky Bet Football League thread 2015/16

Lineker

6 hours ago, MDK said:

Millwall must be the most unliked team in the country.

Unliked is exactly right, no one bar West Ham hates them but no one wants them to win against a neutral team, your biggest rivals sure but any other team you want them to beat Millwall. There's no redeemable feature about the club.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Colly said:

Delighted for Barnsley, not least that it's another 'local' away game for next season, but mainly because it stops any Millwall fans getting near Newcastle. I remember us losing to Hull in the cup a few years back and consoling myself with the fact they'd drawn Millwall, who of course subsequently starting ripping seats out of the KC. Just horrible fans, and should have tiny allocations because of it.

They shouldn't even have any. Sure there will be the small amount of their genuine fans that miss out but what's the point? All they ever do is cause bother.

I mean, there's an element of sensationalism whenever Millwall fans act up, because it makes a good story. Nationally they rank behind 15 other clubs - including Leeds, Sunderland, Newcastle and Man Utd - in terms of arrests for the 14/15 season and have fewer banning orders than Newcastle, Chelsea and West Ham for the period September 2014 to September 2015, so if you want to talk reducing allocations for fan violence/vandalism/hooliganism, then maybe its a much wider conversation than previously thought...

From what I've read, Millwall have made a concentrated effort to tackle hooliganism at their normal home games, and it's been quite successful. It's when they have "bigger" matches, such as the Playoff Final or the FA Cup Semi-Final in 2013, that the violence tends to occur, presumably because certain non-regular fans come along. That's undoubtedly a simplified account, of course, and it doesn't excuse the behaviour of the fans on those occasions.

6 hours ago, Noah said:

And we think we have trouble in Australia when someone unfurls a banner with the word scum on it. <_<

You do get in trouble with UEFA though if you dare say a place is shit. :shifty: 

16 hours ago, Adam said:

Shortened that for you.

Really was a lose-lose today. I'm not happy that Barnsley are back in the Championship at all, being two leagues below them is sad. Likewise I'd rather not see Millwall have any success whatsoever.

It's even more annoying that Barnsley went on a 10 game losing run or something, were bottom in December and have managed to go up. We easily could have been that team if we'd signed some defenders in January instead of bringing in untested PL kids who weren't up for the fight.

It's bloody hard to get a handle on who you support. 

1 hour ago, Just Joe said:

It's bloody hard to get a handle on who you support. 

Doncaster Rovers is my team, hence my disdain for Barnsley, one of our two chief local rivals.

I also follow Everton for family reasons.

Meanwhile I live in Newcastle so often comment on dynamics between the clubs in this region.

• Like 1