The Capital One Cup thread 2015/16

Lineker

You know what. People may mock the League Cup but two strong sides have pretty much tried their hardest to win this so called "mickey mouse cup" and there's been times were you can see how badly the players have wanted this. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, David Marrio said:

On one hand I think: "Yes, Caballero is in goal, get in" but then I also think "He'll have a stormer because shit goalkeepers always do against us". 

Plus whilst I'm made up Lucas is playing in his first Wembley cup final I think he'll struggle against Aguero. 

Just bloody kick off already!! This is bringing back horrible memories of  the FA Cup final in 2012 and having to watch a bloody Hard Fi concert before kick off. 

Called it.... 

16 minutes ago, David Marrio said:

Yaya is shit, he can't even do a judo throw on Adam Lallana. 

He didn't get enough pop into his hips. Poor technique really.

It never felt like Liverpool were going to win that game.

The season could just peter out for Liverpool over the next couple of weeks depending on how the players react to this.

1 minute ago, TLHobo said:

It never felt like Liverpool were going to win that game.

The season could just peter out for Liverpool over the next couple of weeks depending on how the players react to this.

One person who didn't deserve to lose that game was Lucas. He was outstanding today. I'm gutted for him. 

It's going to be a big test for them. Last season the same thing happened the squad just went to bits after Villa beat us in the FA Cup semi and I honestly think the same will happen again. 

We've got two goals left this season which are going to be hard to achieve. Try to finish in the top 5 (6 points behind Man.Utd with a game in hand with some tough fixtures left to play) and try to win the Europa League (There's a lot of tough teams in the competition even if we get past Man.Utd) 

You'd hope that Klopp can be a bit of a positive effect on the squad after this. I feel like part of the problem post-Villa was Rodgers.

• Lineker unfeatured and unpinned this topic
  • Lineker locked this topic