MLB The Show - General Discussion

Meacon Keaton

15 hours ago, Carlos Buschtran said:

Two weeks ago, late in a tie game, my slow ass catcher gets on base, I sub him for a pinch runner.  Next inning starts with the pinch runner behind the plate.  I sub him out for a new catcher and the second I click yes to sub him in, the game crashes.  Infuriating since it was a playoff game but I figured it was just a random crash.

I got through the playoffs, did the offseason, starting a new season.  Same exact scenario cropped up but with different players.  And once again, putting in the backup catcher crashed the game.

So that’s twice now I wasted nearly an hour on a damn game just to not be able to finish.

I've never had that specific thing happen, but I have had it happen where I'll go to make a substitution, and it will instead swap two other completely random players - usually taking my best player out of the game.

That’s so odd. I’ve never seen either of those things. 

The only glitch I’ve had is, very rarely, after the CPU brings in a reliever, Im not able to swing the bat. Whether I’m using the swing stick or the buttons, doesn’t matter. So then I have to save the game and exit and jump back in to continue playing.

7 minutes ago, Meacon say “Feliz Navidad” said:

That’s so odd. I’ve never seen either of those things. 

The only glitch I’ve had is, very rarely, after the CPU brings in a reliever, Im not able to swing the bat. Whether I’m using the swing stick or the buttons, doesn’t matter. So then I have to save the game and exit and jump back in to continue playing.

I've also had a glitch where after bringing in a reliever or substitute, the graphics for player stats will just stay on the screen. That one is really annoying.

I got this. I don’t know much about baseball but I really like this game. I’m doing the road to the show. I was drafted by Baltimore and sent down, but got called up to MLB about halfway through my first season. It turns out that this isn’t really because I was doing well but because Baltimore are so bad. I’m pretty much the only person with an average above .220

Edited by metalman
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

The Show 20 is supposed to feature a "Re-Branding" feature in Franchise mode. The rumor is that it's essentially relocation, but probably without the ability to create a stadium from scratch and some other relocation features.

If this gives me the ability to create alternate uniforms for my teams though, especially the minor league affiliates, then that will make me very happy. It'd be nice to have some other uniform options for the minors teams, and even for the MLB teams if I want to freshen things up.

Yeah, re-location is suppose to be in, with custom logos and uniforms.

Also it has MiLB branding, so we won't have to wait for custom rosters anymore. They'll have the real, legit minor league players in the stock game now. I wasn't going to get this year's, but between relocation and authentic minor leaguers, I may have to now. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, B-li Manning said:

Relocation/rebranding is cool but not enough of a game changer to make me buy on day one.

If they added all the minor leaguers that would be a definite game changer.  That said the preview schedule just says “full minor league rosters”, might just mean they’ve finally added Single A and other leagues.

The actual video released showed current minor leaguers names so I’m thinking it’s the actual players.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thinking about this more, if they did add real minor leaguers even the default 90 man rosters would give them so much room to work with.  90 spots would still get you:

-Every team's real 40-man roster as of whatever cutoff they have
-All the veteran players signed to teams on minor league deals (who would've been in the game regardless)
-Each team's top 30 or so prospects
-And the remaining spots going to a bunch of fringe prospects just to ensure the AAA/AA teams can field full rosters

Would take a lot off the plates of the OSFM team since they wouldn't need to create anybody, though I'm sure they'd still release modifications for gear, stats, appearances if editable, etc.

If they expand it even further to include a full Single A roster, even better.  I'd like that if only for the fact that you shouldn't be an 18 year old starting in Double A.