Sky Bet EFL 2016/17

Lineker

4 hours ago, Matticus said:

So Nervous for tommorow night. McShane being banned means our defense is weak. Also Obita may now be out too. Not sure I like the Idea of Blackett at LB against Fredericks.....

To be fair, Fredericks had Obita's number in the first one and a half games we played - Obita missed the replayed second game IIRC.

Reading's play in the first game, whilst it worked, was so unnecessarily negative. Our away record is strong though, so I'm hoping with you guys needing to come out a bit more, we'll be able to win.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Liam said:

To be fair, Fredericks had Obita's number in the first one and a half games we played - Obita missed the replayed second game IIRC.

Reading's play in the first game, whilst it worked, was so unnecessarily negative. Our away record is strong though, so I'm hoping with you guys needing to come out a bit more, we'll be able to win.

that's true, although I feel we did what we had to do to stifle you, especially since we have been written off, despite finishing 3rd. 

It's gunna be interesting, as our home record is very strong also. 16 wins 5 draws and 2 loses, I think we will come out with a different approach this game, as our record when we score first is something crazy like 94% of the time we win. We have a weakened defense so I don't think Stam will rely too much on sitting back and absorbing pressure. 

Reading got through, fair play. I just honestly don't think they deserved it. Kalas effectively shot us in the foot rather than Reading actually outplaying us for any long period of time outside of the first ten minutes.

Sincerely hope Reading lose the final. Nothing against them but I'm firmly behind a Yorkshire side getting back in the Prem. Preferably Huddersfield but I think it'd be nice to see Wednesday back up after 17 years and two spells in League One.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Adam said:

Sincerely hope Reading lose the final. Nothing against them but I'm firmly behind a Yorkshire side getting back in the Prem. Preferably Huddersfield but I think it'd be nice to see Wednesday back up after 17 years and two spells in League One.

Weren't you dead against Wednesday going up last year or was that someone else?

3 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

Weren't you dead against Wednesday going up last year or was that someone else?

I wanted them to lose to Brighton and Hull but I can't remember being "dead against" them, just preferred their opponents. I don't particularly like Wednesday but I've grown to like Carlos Carvalhal and some of their fans have been decent, whereas I seldom come across anyone from Sheff Utd circles who isn't a cretin.

27 minutes ago, Adam said:

I wanted them to lose to Brighton and Hull but I can't remember being "dead against" them, just preferred their opponents. I don't particularly like Wednesday but I've grown to like Carlos Carvalhal and some of their fans have been decent, whereas I seldom come across anyone from Sheff Utd circles who isn't a cretin.

My apologies, then. I've had bad experiences with Sheffield United fans too, but I like DFF, so I can't completely dislike them.

I could go with any of the remaining three Championship teams, really. I like the way Jaap Stam has got Reading playing, and I wouldn't mind seeing Wednesday go back up as they've got a good following and their fans tend to generate a good atmosphere. Hillsborough is still the biggest stadium I've watched a football match in. Then there's Huddersfield, who would be a new Premier League team, and also another club that has come up from the bottom tier.

I'd be happy with either Sheffield Wednesday or Huddersfield getting promoted  (sorry Reading fans)

Sheffield Wednesday would be different as they haven't been in the Prem in a long time and I have fond memories of a kid growing up of them in sticker books and the likes of Benito Carbone 

Huddersfield would be a completely new team, I play football with a Huddersfield fan every Wednesday and I know how much it'd mean to him. 

Also they need to stop trying to make changes for the sake of change. It's like with the Checkatrade trophy they done it when it didn't need to be done and they've essentially killed the trophy. 

18 minutes ago, Matticus said:

Off to Wembley to see Tinpot Fc :shifty:

I do like the fact that a lot of the people who aren't Huddersfield and Sheffield Wednesday fans want to see the back of you as an away day trip to Reading is seemingly universally regarded as one of the worst away days possible. I've been to Reading once and didn't mind it as a place, but I've heard pretty poor things about the stadium/surrounding areas.

• Like 4

6 team play-offs seem overly convoluted, especially when there's only a single automatic spot. If you finish 7th, you really don't deserve to go up when there's only two spots.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Liam said:

I do like the fact that a lot of the people who aren't Huddersfield and Sheffield Wednesday fans want to see the back of you as an away day trip to Reading is seemingly universally regarded as one of the worst away days possible. I've been to Reading once and didn't mind it as a place, but I've heard pretty poor things about the stadium/surrounding areas.

The ground is outside the town centre so it's a bit of a nothing place, until the proposed  500m Royal Elm Park Developlent around the stadium is built, which I think will bring business and bars to the area (also a separate train station on the London line) 

• Like 1