Sky Bet EFL 2016/17

Lineker

• Admin

I will be officially supporting whoever Huddersfield get in the play-offs. 

In fact I hope it's Wednesday and Rhodes is the one who scores to knock them out.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, R.W. said:

In fact I hope it's Wednesday and Rhodes is the one who scores to knock them out.

Is that because they rested like their entire team when they played Birmingham? That pissed me off, because we softened them up, and helped y'all out (not on purpose, we just really are shit), only for Huddersfield to not turn up.

5 hours ago, R.W. said:

You'd probably want us to get them. A 9-1 season aggregate seems to suggest Huddersfield don't know what to do when playing us.

• Admin

I'd quite like a Fulham / Wednesday final. In fact if Fulham get them first, substitute Rhodes scoring to beat them with Cairney.

But I'd still like it to be Rhodes who destroys the dreams of his old club.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Adam said:

If that's true, is Cellino totally out then?

And will he stick with Monk?

Yes.

Don't know, hopefully yes but he is out of contract so it depends what offers he gets from elsewhere and what AR promises him.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MDK said:

Ugh, something that just dawned on me is "Who in their right mind will spend upwards of £2m for a non-league club?". 

The fans, mainly. Going fan owned really helped Exeter and they had debts of 4.5 million quid back when the Supporters Trust took over. It shouldn't cost that much surely, though?

2 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

The fans, mainly. Going fan owned really helped Exeter and they had debts of 4.5 million quid back when the Supporters Trust took over. It shouldn't cost that much surely, though?

Rumour is that Bechetti wont sell up for less than £4mil.

This whole thing has been a masterclass in how not to run a club.

Yeah after the shit Huddersfield pulled against Birmingham, they can get fucked in the playoffs.

Wagner seems like a massive bellend too. I'm pulling for Fulham then Wednesday, both teams beat us twice this year and looked really good.

I don't understand that line of thinking, at the start of the season / end of the January transfer window, Huddersfield submitted a 25 man squad list to the FA. They are well within their rights and perfectly entitled to field any combination of 11 players from that squad as they see fit. If they make 10 changes or however many it was and win 1-0, no one complains.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, MDK said:

Rumour is that Bechetti wont sell up for less than £4mil.

This whole thing has been a masterclass in how not to run a club.

Wow, what a joke. The FA really needs the power to force an owner to sell up and quickly - and the fit and proper persons test needs to be done by an independent panel and probably overhauled entirely.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

Wow, what a joke. The FA really needs the power to force an owner to sell up and quickly - and the fit and proper persons test needs to be done by an independent panel and probably overhauled entirely.

If one good thing comes from this its that the FA/EFL/PFA or whomever will take prospective new owners a bit more seriously. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Gazz said:

I don't understand that line of thinking, at the start of the season / end of the January transfer window, Huddersfield submitted a 25 man squad list to the FA. They are well within their rights and perfectly entitled to field any combination of 11 players from that squad as they see fit. If they make 10 changes or however many it was and win 1-0, no one complains.

That's the way I'm looking at it. He's not gonna send a team out that he doesn't feel won't get a result. Plus for him his priority is obviously his team, he isn't going to be thinking about the impact on the relegation battle. 

It's like when Neil Warnock was at Sheffield Utd and wouldn't stop going on about us resting players on the final game of the season against Fulham (which we lost and Sheff Utd lost as well so got relegated)because we had the Champions league final in Istanbul on the Wednesday.  

1 hour ago, Mad Jack said:

It helped Pompey too after the continuous cycle of wank owners they had. Helped to steady the club and keep it turmoil free. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

The Owners and Directors test is pathetic. Shaun Harvey said last month, in response to criticism about how they've allowed the likes of Becchetti to ruin clubs:

"It is purely an objective test. It tests against a set of conditions that ask if you are an appropriate person to own, be a director or be a relevant person at a club. That is as far as it goes. It offers no view on skill or ability. It offers no view on judgement."

So basically, he passed the buck and said that Becchetti/Cellino et al are proven to be appropriate owners until they visibly run the club they bought into the ground. What constitutes 'appropriate'? Having fraud convictions? Nonsense, and very concerning for any football fan if you ask me.

Also, I agree with Gazz and David - Huddersfield can field whatever squad they want, they have the Play Offs to prepare for. I'm sorry, but Blackburn are not going to be potentially relegated because of David Wagner, they'll be down because they simply were not good enough over 46 games to merit staying in the league. Whether that is down to poor ownership, management or players meanwhile is a separate issue. In fact, all three clubs competing for survival are testament to how pathetic the above Owners & Directors Test is.

I personally hope Birmingham go down because of how they survived by the skin of their teeth at our expense in 2014, pretty much because of Lee Clark and his stupid gurning face running down the touchline in celebration at guiding the club to their worst league finish in 20 odd years. Cretin.

• Like 1