Sky Bet EFL 2016/17

Lineker

I'll happily take Huddersfield or Wednesday given that otherwise our closest away trip next season is ruddy Burnley. Yorkshire and the North East are pitiful at the moment.

34 minutes ago, MDK said:

Fuck, at least at Brisbane Road there is a garden, a Polish shop and a Colonel. @Jimmy, how good is the Polish beer and garden, eh?

I wouldn't know much about the garden because we opted for a street corner, but the Polish beer certainly did the trick. 

Just now, Jimmy said:

I wouldn't know much about the garden because we opted for a street corner, but the Polish beer certainly did the trick. 

We sat in the Coronation Garden, you fucking ponce :@

6 hours ago, Colly said:

I'll happily take Huddersfield or Wednesday given that otherwise our closest away trip next season is ruddy Burnley. Yorkshire and the North East are pitiful at the moment.

Sorry, we're still a minimum two years away from making it to the Premier League!

The difference between what surrounds Reading's stadium and Leyton Orient's is massive. The one time I went to the Madejski it was so boring, not helped by the fact the game ended 0-0. Reading hadn't won at home in something like 15 months or something as well!

Good on the dog botherers, hope they do it. We'll get a bit of stick off them over the summer before they start getting battered every week but I've never seen them as our rivals and my grandad used to go watch them if they were home when Leeds were away so yeah, UTT I guess.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Adam said:

Sorry, we're still a minimum two years away from making it to the Premier League!

The difference between what surrounds Reading's stadium and Leyton Orient's is massive. The one time I went to the Madejski it was so boring, not helped by the fact the game ended 0-0. Reading hadn't won at home in something like 15 months or something as well!

Oi, what have we got to do with any of this?!

6 minutes ago, Adam said:

Everyone was discussing what Reading's ground is like and then Orient's. My comparison was praising Orient's surroundings, not Reading :P

'tis true. Brisbane Road feels like it's been plonked in the middle of suburbia.

• Like 1

• Admin

New Nottingham Forest owner Evangelos Marinakis has denied accusations of match-fixing and insisted he intends to restore the two-time European Cup winners to the Premier League after his £50m takeover was completed on Thursday.

Shipping magnate Marinakis, who also owns Greek champions Olympiakos, has passed the EFL’s owners’ and directors’ test and his NF Football Investments will now be permitted to purchase 100% of the club’s shares from the previous owner, Fawaz al-Hasawi.

Uefa confirmed this week that it is still monitoring allegations from last year that the 49-year-old was involved in match-fixing in his homeland but, speaking to the BBC, Marinakis said that allegations he is involved in a “criminal organisation” were invented by “jealous” opponents to “destroy” his success with the Greek champions.

“I have nothing to be afraid of and to worry about as I have done nothing wrong,” he said.

“All these years, a lot has been said but nothing came out in reality. All of it has been dismissed and we have been clear from all of this.

“Now there is a last case remaining - there are about 80 persons involved. I can tell you again that I have nothing to do with it because I know very well what I have done and how I have achieved victories. Of course I cannot stop our opponents talking or bad-mouthing.”

His takeover of Forest, who narrowly avoided relegation to League 1 by beating Ipswich on the final day of the season, brings to an end more than a year of negotiations that also saw an attempted purchase of the club by an American consortium led by businessman John Jay Moores. Marinakis, who moved to Watford as a 15-year-old and also attended university in the UK, has guaranteed the future of manager Mark Warburton and vowed to reward supporters for tehir loyalty to the club that last played Premier League football in 1999.

“We have a long-term plan and within this long-term plan we want to bring Nottingham to where it belongs,” he said.

“And of course Nottingham belongs in the Premier League. And Nottingham belongs to the elite of the Premier League.

“Furthermore the supporters of Nottingham have been tired all these years, they didn’t have such good times. But they remained loyal and for us that’s very important.

“The potential is huge. The potential of this team is that when it will be very well organised, when it will achieve victories again, when it will have a better position in the Championship, when it will have a better position and we can look seriously at the Premier League, then we will be there to stay.”

Nicholas Randall QC is set to take over as chairman, while Ioannis Vrentzos – who worked under Marinakis at Olympiakos – is Forest’s new chief executive.

9 hours ago, Lineker said:

Gutted for Wednesday though, what a horrible way for your season to end.

I know, I can't believe Huddersfield went and knocked them out on a Wednesday. That's their day, horrible!

It's hard to know what to think here. I've watched his first interview as club owner and he seems genuinely enthusiastic about taking the club forward. He's also hired a number of reputable people to the leadership team. The allegations levelled at him in Greece are alarming, though, and they were behind the collapse of his takeover attempt around a year ago. While I'm a County fan, I do want Forest to do well, so I hope this turns out to be a positive turning point for the club.