EWBFF Johnny Manziel League

Maxx

Draft Summary

EBDBBnBFFBT delivered a solid draft performance, taking the fourth overall draft slot and turning it into a team with playoff potential. With an expected record of 8-5-0 (1,930 points), they're projected to finish fourth in EWB Season 12 League. They didn't target any one position early, selecting QB Carson Palmer (4th overall), RB Carlos Hyde (45th), WR Dez Bryant (21st), and TE Greg Olsen (52nd) within the first five rounds. They put together one of the best QB combos in the league, as they have Palmer and Matthew Stafford on the roster.

Not bad, but you've still got room for improvement. Becoming a Toyota Hall Of Famer would certainly qualify. Nominate yourself now.

Schedule

EBDBBnBFFBT should use Week 9 to consider life's deeper mysteries, like what was the greatest thing before sliced bread? No, seriously, think about it. It's better than thinking about fantasy football that week. They have three players and the most projected fantasy points on bye that week. Looking at the season as a whole, they have one of the weakest schedules. In addition to having the fourth-easiest overall schedule, EBDBBnBFFBT also has the easiest first four games of the season.

Draft Notes

• Positional Fortitude

EBDBBnBFFBT has five positions that are better than league average. While QB, K, and DEF are projected to be good, TE is the strongest on EBDBBnBFFBT.

• QB Controversy?

The coach of EBDBBnBFFBT might need to flip a coin. Their top-drafted QB (Carson Palmer) and second-drafted QB (Matthew Stafford) have very similar seasonal point projections.

• Detroit Lions Fan?

EBDBBnBFFBT is a believer in the hopes of the Detroit Lions this season, grabbing a couple of players on that team sooner than their ADPs might suggest.

• Drink Plenty of Milk

With an average of 8.1 years of NFL experience, EBDBBnBFFBT has the greatest chance of losing a player to osteoporosis.

• Defense Wins Championships?

EBDBBnBFFBT chose to go with two DEFs instead of loading up at other spots.

• Full Control Early On

EBDBBnBFFBT began things with a bang, nabbing the most projected points in the league during the draft's first half.

PAPER CHAMPS YA'LL!  :w00t:

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Lineker said:

I'm not putting too much stock into those. Mine says I am going to come first with an 11-1-0 record :lol:

Well I posted it more because I thought it'd be interesting to see what other peoples forecasts had said

• Like 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, Lint said:

Well I posted it more because I thought it'd be interesting to see what other peoples forecasts had said

Draft Summary
Even though Lineker's Losers didn't have a high draft pick (seventh overall), it didn't matter, as they built a legit squad capable of taking it to any opponent that gets in their way. As far as projections go, they will probably finish first in EWB Season 12 League with a record of 11-1-1 (1,967 points). They went with a balanced approach early, selecting QB Ben Roethlisberger (31st overall), RB Todd Gurley (7th), WR Allen Robinson (18th), and TE Jordan Reed (42nd) within the first five rounds. They also have the top TE duo in the league, as they have Reed and Zach Ertz.

Not bad, but you've still got room for improvement. Becoming a Toyota Hall Of Famer would certainly qualify. Nominate yourself now.

Schedule
Week 8 is not looking like a fun one for fantasy football. Lineker's Losers should look into the joys of scrapbooking, or bird-watching, or just anything that isn't fantasy football. It might not be pretty. They have four players and the most projected fantasy points on bye that week. Taking a look at the entire season from start to finish, they have one of the weakest slates. Along with having the third-easiest overall schedule, Lineker's Losers has the second-easiest first four games of the season.

Draft Notes
Separating the Wheat from the Chaff
At four different positions, Lineker's Losers picked up projected top-3 players (including Denver, Jordan Reed, and Todd Gurley).

A Dominating Pair
Lineker's Losers has a pair of fantasy MVPs in their lineup. Last season, two of their players (Todd Gurley and Allen Robinson) finished among the top-20 players that were on the most first-place fantasy teams.

You Snooze, You Lose
While the rest of the league slept on Corey Coleman, Lineker's Losers pounced on him at pick No. 175.

The Bargain Whisperer
Lineker's Losers was hunting for steals throughout the draft, snapping up a trio of bargains in the first 10 rounds (Zach Ertz, Denver, and DeMarco Murray).

Biggest Steal
If other Yahoo! users are right, Lineker's Losers got a steal in the 10th round, when they selected Zach Ertz (114th overall pick vs. ADP of 74.5).

Digging Deep
Bilal Powell is owned in only 5% of all Yahoo! leagues, but will surely reward Lineker's Losers for their faith! Or not.

On 9/9/2016 at 08:55, Little Red Srarvette said:

I think he should be forced to watch a full Atlanta Falcons game :shifty: 

He couldn't do it, as he admitted in the main NFL thread :3

I'm getting a good old fashioned spanking this week >_<

Nevermind..unless your last two players are horribly injured between now and gametime, I lost :(

In hindsight, I wish I started the Eagles D instead of Carolinas...<_<

1 minute ago, thatshortguy said:

Dodged a Chief bullet, got two monster performances from Baldwin and Fitzgerald, yet STILL coming down to Monday's games.

I am TERRIBLE at FFB.

This is my 2nd time playing :P

28 minutes ago, Meacon said:

Aren't you predicted to go 14-0 or something? Maybe it knew what it was talking about after all!

11-1 I think