Fire Pro Wrestling World

Liam

43 minutes ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

Skummy's adventures with Fire Pro are making me reaaaaally want to get the game. The matches he's said he's simulated seem totally bonkers. 

I mostly just worry I won't really like the gameplay style. 

It's most definitely a change of pace, so give yourself at least a few hours.

yeah, there is a learning curve. I remember getting the original for the GBA way back when, getting my ass handed to me by NotBikertaker until I figured out the controls.

I'm not even entirely sure what Twitch is, but this game is making me want to buy a headset and do Twitch streams commentating on a CPU Tag/Trios tournament.

• Like 3

I'm really enjoying it and seem to have adapted a lot from playing Returns as my timing and performance actually playing the game has actually been pretty good so I've not really watched too many CPU matches but the couple I have I've enjoyed too. It's a refined taste as a game so understand why people don't enjoy it as it really isn't for everyone. So far though money well spent and looking forward to fiddling around and playing with the edit features a bit. A little over daunting at first but it'll all make sense with a bit of practice. I created a thrown together orc barbarian type character as a "fiddle around and see what I can do" and wanted him to be relentless and watched him in brawl against Jimmy Havoc and the logic worked reasonably well for what I was after as he went in relentlessly and almost instantly went for his finisher but then blew up relatively quickly which is the sort of thing I was aiming for. 

Put me down for another one looking forward to Skummys World of Sport series!

ha! It wouldn't be a WOS series - the only WOS guys I've got are Big Daddy, Johnny Saint, Jim Breaks and Rollerball Rocco. I've got a real hodge-podge collection of Japanese legends, WWF guys, ECW talent, early PRIDE and UFC fighters, and (for some reason) a ton of boxers. If I do anything, it'll be throwing together an insane time-spanning tournament, and seeing if Joe Frazier can beat Evander Holyfield in a barbed wire match.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Meacxico said:

I think it was meant for Hardy. But I like to imagine Gangrel was suppose to come in, do something awesome, and receive a huge push, only to accidentally get in the way, realized he fucked up, and just got out of the ring to prevent further damage. 

Ah yes, the tactics known widely as the "Yoshi-Hashi Special".

Finished Fighting Road. It's ridden with typos, and pretty linear (There's branching paths for sure, but probably not until after your excursion), but a good primer on NJPW and worth it for the dating sim subtexts. Interaction with Elgin is thankfully minimal, which is still too much Elgin but at least he doesn't appear to be central to any arcs.

And no, it doesn't end like the last time Fire Pro had a story mode.

2 hours ago, Ollie said:

Last night I'm pretty sure I downloaded everyone who's ever even thought of being a wrestler.

This game is wonderful.

That's the spirit!

Now, if you want to build your own wrestling world full of wrestling promotions past and present, there should be thousands of wrestlers to place in dozens of feds. It took me ages to tidy up!

36 minutes ago, Malenko said:

That's the spirit!

Now, if you want to build your own wrestling world full of wrestling promotions past and present, there should be thousands of wrestlers to place in dozens of feds. It took me ages to tidy up!

Yeah I've basically been doing it in batches. So I downloaded all the RAW roster, then organised them, then Smackdown and so on and so forth.

I've now got all of Raw, SD, NXT, 205, ECW and WCW as well as a bunch of 70s, 80s and 90s legends.

Planning on getting all of Lucha Underground, ROH, Impact and a bunch of independent guys too.

Outside of NJPW, my game is roughly organised into;

NJPW
WWE - Face/Heel
WWE 2000s - Face/Heel
WWE Attitude - Face/Heel
WWE Old-School - Face/Heel
WCW - WCW/nWo
Japan - All-Stars/Legends
Europe - BritWres/EU
Lucha - Rudos/Tecnicos/Legends
US Indies - ECW/CHIKARA/All-Stars/Legends
MMA - UFC/PRIDE/Boxers

There are areas I'll tidy up in time, and add to as I have more wrestlers to fill them with. "All-Stars" just means people I haven't created a promotion for who otherwise broadly fit that category, while "Legends" covers retired and deceased wrestlers.

I'll end up adding another for celebrities and oddities.

2 hours ago, Skummy said:

Outside of NJPW, my game is roughly organised into;

NJPW
WWE - Face/Heel
WWE 2000s - Face/Heel
WWE Attitude - Face/Heel
WWE Old-School - Face/Heel
WCW - WCW/nWo
Japan - All-Stars/Legends
Europe - BritWres/EU
Lucha - Rudos/Tecnicos/Legends
US Indies - ECW/CHIKARA/All-Stars/Legends
MMA - UFC/PRIDE/Boxers

There are areas I'll tidy up in time, and add to as I have more wrestlers to fill them with. "All-Stars" just means people I haven't created a promotion for who otherwise broadly fit that category, while "Legends" covers retired and deceased wrestlers.

I'll end up adding another for celebrities and oddities.

That would have made it even harder. I hope if one day they have a functional universe mode, I don't need to separate them between heels and faces for it to work properly (what am I saying? of course I'll need to do that).

Not home atm, but I have mine as:

NJPW

NJPW Legends

AJPW

AJPW Legends

and so on, and so on...

When applicable it's always like that, even in indie feds, . Exceptions are WWE/WWF/WWWF and WCW/WCCW.

The one thing I haven't downloaded are MMA fighters unless they have been used in wrestling promotions (many have). I do have Pancrase though. I may consider adding MMA stars in the future, but having to go through the whole downloadable list again is something I really don't want to do at the moment and I'm a much bigger fan of Pro Wrestling anyway, so there's that.

Playing on the PC, I encountered a strange glitch and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to fix. The wrestler menu spazzes out, as if I am holding a button to toggle through the feds.

The reason why it begins stopped and ends stopped is that I don't have the window active anymore. When the window is active, the spamming happens.

It's not my game controller, I restarted Fire Pro without it.

It's not my keyboard, I used OSK to check to see if I had anything pressed (even if it was a keyboard malfunction) and I don't.

Edited by Red Devil-Taker316

3 minutes ago, Avenged said:

I absolutely adore this game. So much fun. Only thing I wish I could do is have the option to play all league matches (assuming I’m not missing something).

Unless the mod suite gets rebuilt (unlikely), it won't be a thing. You can select multiple people to play as but you'd eventually have PVP matches because of it.

• Like 1