Sky Bet EFL 2017/18

Lineker

You're 1-0 up at home to Burton in a relegation decider with 3 minutes left and you somehow lose? Awful. Definitely deserve to go down.

Wigan promoted today, Luton as well in League Two. Wolves won the league and Macclesfield got promoted back to the EFL by winning the National League.

4 hours ago, Just Joe said:

We equalised in the last minute, that decision was changed once Stephen Bywater ran over and convinced the linesman that didn't see anything and couldn't have that there was a handball.

Yeah, that was the moment that cost you your whole season.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Last two games are away to Fulham and home to Wolves. They were fucked no matter what the result today to be fair.

It'd have been worse to get relegated by Mitro, which given his form could have happened next week!

7 hours ago, Just Joe said:

We equalised in the last minute, that decision was changed once Stephen Bywater ran over and convinced the linesman that didn't see anything and couldn't have that there was a handball. I hope Burton go down with us.

I've seen the highlights now and, honestly, it does look like handball. In fact there might've been two.

This has been a complete disaster of course for Sunderland and Coleman clearly underestimated what he was getting himself into..I mean, his reputation was sky high and he could've walked into probably 5-6 Premier League jobs this season but he chose Sunderland and he's now a League One manager, two years after taking bloody Wales to the Euro semi-finals. But this might be a 'good' thing for Sunderland - teams of that stature usually bounce back and come on stronger after a few years, look at Wolves now. Blackburn are doing it, hell Leicester did it a few years ago and went on to win the Premier League, and before that I just about remember Man City down in the third tier and they were back in the top flight within a couple of seasons and look at them now.

Plus, the bonus is you get to come to the Keepmoat next season :w00t:

Without a buyout they aren't bouncing back anytime soon. Am I right in saying Rodwell is still under contract and will probably be earning more in a week than the rest of the league do in a year? 

3 hours ago, Colly said:

Without a buyout they aren't bouncing back anytime soon. Am I right in saying Rodwell is still under contract and will probably be earning more in a week than the rest of the league do in a year? 

I know they're in big debt and very much strapped for cash but I will be very surprised if they don't still have a budget that can meet the top few sides in our league. The drop-off from Championship to League One is huge in terms of money, and Sunderland will be able to attract players based on other factors (besides finances I mean) ahead of all 23 other sides. I expect them to be up at the top.

I suppose one of the advantages Sunderland will have too is that they will have the infastructure in place. They've got a huge stadium for that level (obviously won't fill it for League 1 football like but still they should draw numbers that will be at the top end of the division) and they'll have the training facilities. 

I think Sunderland need to just gut the squad of overpriced and overpaid shite, get new owners who actually care and spend a few seasons rebuilding a team. If staying around that level and rebuilding for a few seasons means a more stable long term future it'll be worth it in the long run. 

Although I do find it funny that they'll be having to go to Accrington away. 

1 hour ago, DMo Salah said:

I suppose one of the advantages Sunderland will have too is that they will have the infastructure in place. They've got a huge stadium for that level (obviously won't fill it for League 1 football like but still they should draw numbers that will be at the top end of the division) and they'll have the training facilities. 

I think Sunderland need to just gut the squad of overpriced and overpaid shite, get new owners who actually care and spend a few seasons rebuilding a team. If staying around that level and rebuilding for a few seasons means a more stable long term future it'll be worth it in the long run. 

Although I do find it funny that they'll be having to go to Accrington away. 

If getting rid of Jack Rodwell was that easy, he'd already be gone.

In years to come there'll be a plaque outside the stadium showing people the marks his fingernails left as he was finally dragged out.

• Like 2