Formula One 2018

Lineker

I can't imagine he will, I saw a stat that over the average of the season, his race pace is 0.6s a lap slower than Leclerc and no other team mate combination is bigger than 0.35s.

13 minutes ago, Jasonmufc said:

Hopefully this means Ericsson is out-out, and doesn't slither into a different seat for next year, because well, Ericsson's career has been underwhelming enough for all of us.

He's going to be Sauber's third driver for 2019, so it doesn't sound like he's got a drive at all right now.

Utterly gutting for Bottas who had a great weekend, started on pole on merit, drove a perfect race on merit, then gets mercilessly thrown under the boss that is the Mercedes corporate machine.

Sure, tactically it made perfect sense to get Hamilton 7 more points over Vettel in their battle, despite Ferrari being pretty much out of sight all but officially...

But fuck Mercedes, fuck Toto Wolff for sticking with it. This does Mercedes nor Lewis Hamilton any favours, and pisses off a lot of fans because there are only losers in this equation.

Merc will probably give the win back after Lewis clinches the title, but it will be a hollow and emotionless gesture that will do nothing for Valtteri other than fix a number. He'll just be given a hollow win, and not one he should've won on merit like this one.

Team orders are a way of life in racing, but it still makes me physically ill to the core when they're done in this fashion.

Edited by Jasonmufc

On 29/09/2018 at 10:51, Katsuya said:

Well Q2 was all kinds of a farce. Also I forgot just how boring and ugly the Sochi circuit is. Must be up there with Valencia (and at least Valencia had one or two good moments in the years) in terms of a dull track.

You're crazy Sochi is amazing :angry:

I still stand by Silverstone being a dull characterless venue that'd be made fun of if it was an American circuit.