2018 MLB Thread

The Buscher

On 4/4/2018 at 20:35, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

What a weird review situation in the Jays/White Sox game. 

Bases are loaded. So the ball hits off the wall but Granderson catches it before it falls to the ground. The outfield ump says it's a catch. Castillo, who should have tagged up either way, returns to 3rd base. After a review, it's not a catch because it hit the wall and all the White Sox move up a base.

There was no reason for Castillo not to tag and go. If it was an out, he can still tag up. If it's not, he's totally fine. So him returning to 3rd should have actually just caused an out on the base path somewhere. 

So, really, the Jays should have thrown the ball home. 

10 minutes ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

Yes, but the guy they would have been "getting out" had already been called out. 

It was so confusing. I turned off my TV when that inning was over.

Tim Tebow's first bat at Double-A was a 3-run homer.

Bad news is, he's still property of the Mets. I'd think he'd have a better chance of getting called up if he was with an American League team (FUCK THE YANKEES! GO RED SOX!), because he could be used as a DH.

I'm trying not to get carried away about the Mets' 6-1 start, which is their best start since 2006.

Tough not to feel really good about winning a road series against a Nats team that dominated them the last two years.  That being said, the Nats are without Murphy who turns into Ted Williams when he plays the Mets.

If I have a concern it's that they're still a station-to-station, strikeout-prone team offensively.  And while the bullpen has been stellar so far, starters have only gone six innings twice so far which means the bullpen is on pace for a lottttttt of work.

The series against the Marlins this week is actually kinda important because I think the Mets simply can't afford to let games against the Marlins slip away if they're gonna have playoff aspirations this year.

If the Mets stay healthy, a .667 winning percentage against Miami and a .600 winning percentage against Philadelphia should be attainable and that'll go a helluva long way toward getting the East. After the last couple seasons though, it's hard to bank on them staying healthy though.