2018 MLB Thread

The Buscher

Yeah, I'm instinctively waiting for an injury to pop up at any time.  I mean I'm intrigued by the changes the Mets have made in their medical personnel.  They finally got rid of their beleaguered head trainer who had been with the team since the '80s, and guys like Cespedes and Syndergaard eased off of the ridiculous amount of strength training they did during the 16-17 offseason which may have contributed to their injuries.

They need Syndergaard and deGrom to make 32 starts each and Cespedes to start 145 games in left field.  If any of those three miss extended time they're probably cooked.

20 minutes ago, Meacon said:

Matt Vasgersian is dressed like the Nats/Mets game is being broadcasted from the North Pole. He has on a scarf and gloves while the other two in the booth are dressed like any normal night. 

It was the same in Texas. The Texas team were wearing baclava’s and trying to stay warm. The Jays were wondering about air conditioning.

• Like 1

I don't think the Jays were ever above .500 last season, so a 6-4 start is actually quite encouraging. If they can hover around that .500 mark for most of the year and be near the Wild Card race, I'll be happy. 

Runners on second and third with the pitcher due up and a lefty reliever in the game.  Terry Collins would've pinch hit Jose Reyes who is the worst player on the team.  Mickey Callaway actually understands the concept of reverse splits and knows the lefty reliever actually has worst numbers against lefty hitters.

So he sends up Adrian Gonzalez instead, who promptly laces a 2-RBI single.  Callaway is a mad scientist and I love it so much.

• Like 1