2018 MLB Thread

The Buscher

2 hours ago, Los ElTiburones de Japon said:

Yeah. Solid move for the Mets, though. They get to dump Harvey and pick up a much needed catcher. Reds are also paying Mesoraco's contract, so that definitely helps. And the Mets are playing the Reds tonight, so I wonder if Devin will get an AB tonight.

For some reason I'm tickled by the image of a guy getting traded to the team he's playing against and he has to drag all his stuff to the other locker room. <_<

When Bud Norris was traded to the Orioles that happened. Astros were in town. We sent L.J. Hoes over to them, so the guys basically had to haul everything from one side of the stadium to the other.

Speaking of the Orioles. Dylan Bundy had the 2nd worst start since 1940 tonight. 7 batters faced, 7 runs, 4 home runs, 0 outs. -19 game score. Yup. :( 

• Haha 1

I have no idea what the hell the Reds are thinking, acquiring Harvey in a trade. My guess is that if they don't end up releasing him, he ends up being a middle reliever.....after going to the minors for most of the rest of the season.

3 hours ago, Meacon said:

Giancarlo Stanton hit two home runs tonight to help the Yanks beat the Bo Sox.

And James Paxton became the first Canadian ever to throw a no-hitter in Canada.

I'd also like to note that the last three MLB no-hitters have been thrown in three different countries. Sounds like a thing that hasn't happened before.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Buschoru Suzuki said:

In something you'd almost never see in Little League, let alone a Major League game, the Mets just batted out of order in the first inning, wiping out a runner in scoring position.

lol, this season is over.

In the Major Leagues, that has to be pretty close to a fireable offence for a manager. 

4 minutes ago, Buschoru Suzuki said:

In something you'd almost never see in Little League, let alone a Major League game, the Mets just batted out of order in the first inning, wiping out a runner in scoring position.

Wait...huh? 🤨

7 minutes ago, Meacon said:

Like, later in the game, if you do a double switch, maaaaaaaaybe that's forgivable. It's not, but you could at least somewhat get the confusion.

But in the first flippin' inning? :lol: 

You have a manager AND a bench coach PLUS all the other coaches on the team. There is no excuse. 

25 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

Wait...huh? 🤨

The Mets intended on having Wilmer Flores bat second and Asdrubal Cabrera bat third.  The lineup card they actually turned in, however, had Cabrera second and Flores third.  So Flores hit second and made an out, then Cabrera got a double.  It wasn't until then that the Reds skipper brought it to the umpire's attention, so therefore Cabrera was automatically ruled out to end the inning.

1 hour ago, Buschoru Suzuki said:

The way I read it, the Mets actually wrote their lineup card wrong? So they basically had a batting order in mind and somehow wrote the wrong one down and handed it to the umpire.

The Mets have lost 8 of 9 including 2 of 3 to the Reds who are the worst team in baseball by far.

I'm actually glad that Mike Francesa is already back on WFAN after a four month retirement.  He just went on a fantastic rant on the Mets and yelled "THEY STINK!!!!!!" in the middle of it and I laughed way too hard.