2018 MLB Thread

The Buscher

I have no issue with teams using the shift, but I do have a major issue when a team shifts and a player bunts in the opposite direction and the team complains about it. Fuck you, if you shift then you have to accept that a player could do that. There’s absolutely nothing to whine about. You tried to stack the odds in your favor and the guy found a way around it. Don’t be little bitches, Minnesota.

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, Meacon said:

I have no issue with teams using the shift, but I do have a major issue when a team shifts and a player bunts in the opposite direction and the team complains about it. Fuck you, if you shift then you have to accept that a player could do that. There’s absolutely nothing to whine about. You tried to stack the odds in your favor and the guy found a way around it. Don’t be little bitches, Minnesota.

Why would people complain about that? It's the whole point of baseball. You set up and the opponent throws you a curveball...figuratively.

Yeah "unwritten rules" about how you can't break up a no-hitter with a bunt or something. Game was still going on, bunting against the shift to start a rally is called trying to win the game which is your entire goal.

I understand the respect of not bunting late in a no-hitter, unless the game's like 1-0 or something. But this is just the Twins whining that someone said "the shift is dumb" and bunted against it. A strategy which, by the way, is probably going to become increasingly common as teams look for ways to hit against the shift.

Anyway the Orioles are an actual dumpster fire. Can't pitch and can't hit (except apparently by bunting against the shift). Season will be over by the end of April.

Honestly the fact that shifts even work to the extent that they do is kinda remarkable to me because it shows that so many professional players are incapable of making adjustments.  Everyone should always work on bunting against the shift and hitting to opposite field.

53 minutes ago, Buschoru Suzuki said:

Honestly the fact that shifts even work to the extent that they do is kinda remarkable to me because it shows that so many professional players are incapable of making adjustments.  Everyone should always work on bunting against the shift and hitting to opposite field.

It’s mindboggling how many pro ball players can’t hit to opposite field. In high school, we would spend one day of batting practice a week of doing nothing but slapping the ball to opposite field.

The Mets and Phillies are currently airing a game streamed exclusively on Facebook.

Pro:  It's the only time I've been able to stream a weekday day game at work because Comcast doesn't allow me to stream SNY like every other provider does
Con:  John Kruk and Cliff Floyd are making this broadcast borderline unwatchable

On 4/3/2018 at 10:27, Meacon said:

It’s mindboggling how many pro ball players can’t hit to opposite field. In high school, we would spend one day of batting practice a week of doing nothing but slapping the ball to opposite field.

I've always wondered why this is. Sure major league pitching is that much better, but do hitting coaches and batters just focus on repetition? My cousin played baseball in high school and always complains about that.

Also we're officially all aboard the Ohtani hype train. Nobody can get off, he's about to revolutionize the game!

• Like 1

What a weird review situation in the Jays/White Sox game. 

Bases are loaded. So the ball hits off the wall but Granderson catches it before it falls to the ground. The outfield ump says it's a catch. Castillo, who should have tagged up either way, returns to 3rd base. After a review, it's not a catch because it hit the wall and all the White Sox move up a base.

There was no reason for Castillo not to tag and go. If it was an out, he can still tag up. If it's not, he's totally fine. So him returning to 3rd should have actually just caused an out on the base path somewhere. 

On 4/3/2018 at 19:48, Meacon said:

I'd like to not even acknowledge that Stanton has struck out all five at-bats...

So woohoo! Go Didi!

Hey, Meacon....

Did you hear that Stanton struck out all five at-bats? :D

• Like 1