Sky Bet EFL 2018/19

Lineker

Things seem a little bit all over the place at Wednesday at the moment, Luhukay's inherited a large, disjointed squad that needs a fair bit of surgery still (and Kieran Lee and Gary Hooper back from injury ASAP) and there's not much in the way of a game changer in terms of pace and only Forestieri's the real player we have that can unlock the opposition defence. Needs a couple of loan signings now we can make them, but also need to shift some of the bloat that obviously aren't in the plans (Abdi, David Jones, and seemingly Westwood's been outcasted for financial reasons which is a damn shame). A poor result in midweek and the atmosphere will be even worse than it is already, the two playoff seasons have ramped up the expectations with the fanbase big time and it seems to have brought out the worst in a growing number of supporters.

The under-23 lads that have been in and around the squad have done well but they're not quite ready for the regular rigours of Championship football and need time to ease themselves in. Just hope we can pick up a bit of form as the September - October run of fixtures is going to be very tough.

• Like 2

I'll take a point. We're gonna need a couple of loan signings though. We can't expect to keep getting points with no natural centre halves and dragging Phillips off (rightfully so) meant that Klich wasn't as effective so we could do with an extra body in holding midfield. 

Still I'd have taken 10 points and being top off the league after those first 4 games

16 hours ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Swansea are almost unrecognisable now. 

That McBurnie was utter dog shite for me on FM, so I cannot imagine he's any good in real life...

I hate him simply for his low socks and shinpad combo...he's such a Sol Campbell