Carabao Cup 2018/19

Lineker

Just now, Liam Mk2 said:

How did Hudson-Odoi play?

Pretty well. He continued his role of right winger that got him two assists against Forest at the weekend, and while obviously didn't achieve as much he certainly offers something different to when Willian etc. usually play there: staying wide, trying to get low crosses in, etc.

1 minute ago, Lineker said:

He's brilliant. Chelsea should be starting to build around him for when Hazard inevitably ends up going to Madrid.

Honestly I don't think Hazard's going anywhere this summer. It's just a gut feeling I have.

• Like 1

One of Eriksen or Hazard will be at Madrid next season. I feel like Madrid will come in strong for them but Hazard would suit Madrid more and Eriksen would suit Barca more. 

10 minutes ago, stokerino said:

Well he's just turned 28 and his current contract expires in 2020, so...if not this summer, then either he's staying or Chelsea will throw away a fuck-tonne of money.

You’re not Arsenal, you’ll end up with a very tidy sum if he does leave.

11 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

One of Eriksen or Hazard will be at Madrid next season. I feel like Madrid will come in strong for them but Hazard would suit Madrid more and Eriksen would suit Barca more. 

I have read that Madrid are going to go big for both in the summer. 

2 hours ago, Liam Mk2 said:

http://www.skysports.com/share/11602389

Sarri is totally right here. They used the wrong angle, he was offside. We don’t know how to use VAR. :lol:

The best part is that the linesman flagged, so rather than being only used to correct clear and obvious errors it was actually used to overrule a marginal correct decision.

14 hours ago, Matt said:

The fuck were the Chelsea players arguing about? It's literally just been watched back numerous times on camera and it was a penalty. You trying to argue against video evidence now? Silly cunts.

14 hours ago, MDK said:

It would be great if the ref took a player over to the little review screen and said "Look at that you daft cunt, clean pen"

I like these posts more with the benefit of hindsight. :shifty:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

I still think that penalty was 100% gamesmanship on Harry Kane's part.

It's one of those in which he knows well beforehand that he's going to make sure there's contact, then get his goggles out and go for the 10 vote.

But English people would never dive :shifty:

Its a penalty but he's been clever about it. It's the Jamie Vardy art of moving towards contact and getting taken down. 

7 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

But English people would never dive :shifty:

Its a penalty but he's been clever about it. It's the Jamie Vardy art of moving towards contact and getting taken down. 

I agree. I just hate that part of the game to be honest because serial cheating gets glossed over as "clever centre-foward play". 

I thought in the World Cup, the point was linesmen would keep their flag down if they felt it was a marginal offside in order for the play to develop and if it's a goal or whatever, the review will show it was offside.

Sounds like this is the perfect example of why they told them to do that, and this official just didn't do it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin

Burton Albion: Collins, McFadzean, Turner, Akins, Templeton, McCrory, Harness, Miller, Wallace, Quinn, Boyce.
Subs: Bywater, Brayford, Buxton, Sbarra, Fox, Hutchinson, Daniel.

Manchester City: Muric, Zinchenko, Sandler, Garcia, Danilo, Delph, Foden, De Bruyne, Poveda, Mahrez, Aguero.
Subs: Grimshaw, Stones, Mendy, Jesus, F Nmecha, Bolton, Richards.

10-0 turnaround incoming...