Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

So I got Black 2 four days ago, and to date, I've got seven of the eight badges. It's weird, but I've never felt less faith in my starter. Maybe I shouldn't catch a Riolu like, five minutes into the next time I play through. <_<

Emboar, Lv. 46

Krookodile, Lv. 41

Zoroark, Lv. 45

Swanna, Lv. 42

Lucario, Lv. 48

Muk, Lv. 41

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I got Black 2 four days ago, and to date, I've got seven of the eight badges. It's weird, but I've never felt less faith in my starter. Maybe I shouldn't catch a Riolu like, five minutes into the next time I play through. <_<

Emboar, Lv. 46

Krookodile, Lv. 41

Zoroark, Lv. 45

Swanna, Lv. 42

Lucario, Lv. 48

Muk, Lv. 41

You get points for using a Muk. Always wanted to try using one, never got around to it.

I plan on doing the mono-type Elite Four challenges for the medals fter I get around to finishing my White 2 game, though, so I'll probably use Muk in the Poison one.

Well, I'm following up finishing LeafGreen by doing four simultaneous games on HeartGold, Emerald, Platinum and White. Here's my current teams and (hopefully) my Elite Four teams.

HeartGold

Current: Totodile, Murkrow, Flaaffy, Elekid, Hoothoot, Zubat. About to take on Bugsy, so this makes sense.

Projected: Feraligatr, Honchkrow, Ampharos, Crobat, Tyranitar, Heracross.

Some of my favourite pokémon in there and I limited myself to Gen II the same way I limited myself to Gen I for my LG game (not that I had much choice). Planning to have Kingdra, Machamp, Arcanine, Noctowl, Mismagius, Exeggutor, Nidoking, Tauros, Slowking and Steelix on standby if I need to change strategy. I did the same sort of thing for LG, but cleared it in one go.

Emerald

Current: Torchic, Taillow, Sableye, Wingull, Ralts, Makuhita. About to take on Brawly, so again this makes sense.

Projected: Blaziken, Sharpedo, Salamence, Aggron, Glalie, Gardevoir.

Again, lots of favourites and limited it to Gen III. I will however keep reserves in Volbeat, Jolteon, Breloom, Altaria, Bannette, Bellossom, Camerupt, Exploud, Muk, Corsola and Wailord, in case I fail horribly.

Platinum

Current: Drifloon, Vespiquen, Monferno, Probopass, Kricketune, Stunky. Just defeated Gardenia, so this made sense.

Projected: Empoleon, Rhyperior, Magnezone, Garchomp, Gliscor, Durknoir.

Never actually played through Gen IV before, but I'm keeping it all Gen IV if possible. I'll probably have to change my team as I don't know what the Elite Four will be like. I'll have Absol, Lucario, Magmortar, Togekiss, Shiftry, Mamoswine, Porygon-Z, Swalot, Chimecho and Metagross in reserve. Should be fun. Last time I played Diamond I got as far as Crasher Wake, and the changes in Platinum have totally thrown me off. Feels like a better game though.

White

Current: Snivy, Munna, Purrloin, Patrat, Lillipup, Panpour.

Projected: No idea.

I know virtually nothing about this game. I knew about the starters and the legendaries. The whole dream mist thing just got revealed to me and I beat the first gym, which was quite awesome with the trio being the gym leaders. Did NOT expect that. I have a Reshiram if anyone wants it, forgot I downloaded it via the wi-fi thingy ages ago. I also have the Victini ticket, so I'll make use of that when possible as well. I don't use legendaries, so they're of no use to me.

I'm enjoying White so far, hopefully it opens up now because it's been very restrictive. Usually I have a bunch of pokémon to choose for the first gym. I didn't even have a full team for the first gym in this game! Felt weird getting Cut so early as well. I love the Global Link thing as well, reminds me of the old GTS website.

HeartGold friend code: 2065 7194 7091

Platinum friend code: 0047 1129 3422

White friend code: 5072 2820 7110

I'd quite like the starters I don't have - Charmander, Squirtle, Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Treecko, Mudkip, Tepig and Oshawott. Somehow I got Turtwig and Chimchar REALLY easily on the GTS by trading some Cherubi. Felt so weird. Also managed to get other pokémon like Glameow, Stunky and Cranidos the same way. I love the GTS. Love it. LOVE.

Pretty sure I'll need to trade to get a bunch of others, but I haven't worked it out yet, haha! I have a metric assload of Combee (female), Sheildon, Cherubi, Gabite, Ralts (male and female), Drifloon and Togepi that are happy to go from my Platinum game. I know they're kind of hard to get, and some people just don't have patience for rubbing trees with honey (which is a fucking weird concept to begin with).

Well, I'm following up finishing LeafGreen by doing four simultaneous games on HeartGold, Emerald, Platinum and White. Here's my current teams and (hopefully) my Elite Four teams.

HeartGold

Current: Totodile, Murkrow, Flaaffy, Elekid, Hoothoot, Zubat. About to take on Bugsy, so this makes sense.

Projected: Feraligatr, Honchkrow, Ampharos, Crobat, Tyranitar, Heracross.

Some of my favourite pokémon in there and I limited myself to Gen II the same way I limited myself to Gen I for my LG game (not that I had much choice). Planning to have Kingdra, Machamp, Arcanine, Noctowl, Mismagius, Exeggutor, Nidoking, Tauros, Slowking and Steelix on standby if I need to change strategy. I did the same sort of thing for LG, but cleared it in one go.

Emerald

Current: Torchic, Taillow, Sableye, Wingull, Ralts, Makuhita. About to take on Brawly, so again this makes sense.

Projected: Blaziken, Sharpedo, Salamence, Aggron, Glalie, Gardevoir.

Again, lots of favourites and limited it to Gen III. I will however keep reserves in Volbeat, Jolteon, Breloom, Altaria, Bannette, Bellossom, Camerupt, Exploud, Muk, Corsola and Wailord, in case I fail horribly.

Platinum

Current: Drifloon, Vespiquen, Monferno, Probopass, Kricketune, Stunky. Just defeated Gardenia, so this made sense.

Projected: Empoleon, Rhyperior, Magnezone, Garchomp, Gliscor, Durknoir.

Never actually played through Gen IV before, but I'm keeping it all Gen IV if possible. I'll probably have to change my team as I don't know what the Elite Four will be like. I'll have Absol, Lucario, Magmortar, Togekiss, Shiftry, Mamoswine, Porygon-Z, Swalot, Chimecho and Metagross in reserve. Should be fun. Last time I played Diamond I got as far as Crasher Wake, and the changes in Platinum have totally thrown me off. Feels like a better game though.

White

Current: Snivy, Munna, Purrloin, Patrat, Lillipup, Panpour.

Projected: No idea.

I know virtually nothing about this game. I knew about the starters and the legendaries. The whole dream mist thing just got revealed to me and I beat the first gym, which was quite awesome with the trio being the gym leaders. Did NOT expect that. I have a Reshiram if anyone wants it, forgot I downloaded it via the wi-fi thingy ages ago. I also have the Victini ticket, so I'll make use of that when possible as well. I don't use legendaries, so they're of no use to me.

I'm enjoying White so far, hopefully it opens up now because it's been very restrictive. Usually I have a bunch of pokémon to choose for the first gym. I didn't even have a full team for the first gym in this game! Felt weird getting Cut so early as well. I love the Global Link thing as well, reminds me of the old GTS website.

HeartGold friend code: 2065 7194 7091

Platinum friend code: 0047 1129 3422

White friend code: 5072 2820 7110

I'd quite like the starters I don't have - Charmander, Squirtle, Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Treecko, Mudkip, Tepig and Oshawott. Somehow I got Turtwig and Chimchar REALLY easily on the GTS by trading some Cherubi. Felt so weird. Also managed to get other pokémon like Glameow, Stunky and Cranidos the same way. I love the GTS. Love it. LOVE.

Pretty sure I'll need to trade to get a bunch of others, but I haven't worked it out yet, haha! I have a metric assload of Combee (female), Sheildon, Cherubi, Gabite, Ralts (male and female), Drifloon and Togepi that are happy to go from my Platinum game. I know they're kind of hard to get, and some people just don't have patience for rubbing trees with honey (which is a fucking weird concept to begin with).

I just started my White 2 game, but is there anything else you would want for Victini/Reshiram/male Ralts? Probably won't get it until later, but I will keep an eye out of course for anything you wanted.

I too would want the Reshiram and/or Victini (probably Victini more), but I think I will have to form a hatred that lasts seven minutes for Trench for requesting first.

• Like 1

!!!!!!!!

Pokemon X and Y, landing WORLDWIDE for the first time in October. New and old Pokemon, full 3D graphics including the battles. The new fire-type starter is the CUTEST THING EVER.

m5TKm.jpg

The Grass-type is named Chespin, the Fire-type is named Fennekin, and the Water-type is named Froakie.

I swear to God, if Fennekin's just another Fire/Fighting starter... >_>

This is rather interesting news. The grass type reminds me of Oshawott (the head shape a bit/happiness of it I guess). The Fire type is already my favorite.

Really cannot wait for more news to come out, and I'm glad I have not gotten rid of my 3DS like I have with my past DS's.

EDIT: Just watched the trailer. HOLY SHIT. I was NOT expecting the graphics to be like that. That is amazing.

Edited by Vitamin E

I've been meaning to do this for a while, here's my updated White 2 roster after 171 hours and 9 minutes of training.

Main Team

Emboar - Level 50

Cobalion - Level 50

Braviary - Level 50

Krookodile - Level 50

Azumarill - Level 50

Galvantula - Level 50

Reserve Team

Leavanny - Level 50

Electabuzz - Level 50

Flygon - Level 50

Sandslash - Level 50

Zoroark - Level 50

Darmanitan - Level 50

Other Level 50s

Onix

Magneton

Crobat

Excadrill

Ampharos

Raticate

Espeon

Watchog

Cofagrigus

Golduck

Boldore

Jolteon

Growlithe

Swoobat

Liepard

Audino (Shiny~!)

Weezing

Eelektrik

Unfezant

Scolipede

Delcatty

Dunsparce

Reuniclus

In Training

Swanna - Level 42

Flareon - Level 47

Stoutland - Level 47

Umbreon - Level 46

Lucario - Level 43

Sunflora - Level 46

Level 40s Awaiting Training

Crustle

Fluffee

Muk

Gurdurr

Pansage

Maractus

Garbodor

Minccino

Emolga

Pansear

Basculin

Klang

Scrafty

Sawsbuck

Panpour

Nosepass

Sigilyph

Vespiquen

Amoonguss

Petitlil

Alomomola

Shelmet

Karrablast

Ferrothorn

Jellicent

New Captures

Swablu - Level 33

Mienfoo - Level 35

Solrock - Level 36

Tangela - Level 34

Buizel - Level 30

Staryu - Level 34

Pelipper - Level 34

Lunatone - Level 36

Roselia - Level 35

Pinsir - Level 36

Skorupi - Level 33

Drifblim - Level 33

Numel - Level 31

Skarmory - Level 34

Absol - Level 34

Given Up On

Eeevee - Level 19 (Waiting for a Water Stone to get Vaporeon)

Combee - Level 23 (Caught for Pokédex as I already had Vespiquen)

Castform - Level 27 (Just.... so awful.)

I have to say, I think this is the weakest starters yet. Fennekin looks great, but the other two look...disappointing. Chespin doesn't even look like a pure grass type.

Think I'll throw Reshiram and Victini out on the GTS to see if I can snag a Celebi.

Anyways, if anyone has a spare Teddiursa, Mawile, Zangoose or Seedot for my Platinum game, let me know. I especially would like a Seedot because Shiftry is just awesome. Currently got Combee (female), Sheildon, Cherubi, Gabite, Ralts (male and female), Drifloon and Togepi as before, can easily add to that if there's something particular required.

On a sidenote, been playing through HeartGold a whole hell of a lot recently and I have to say it's awesome. At first I thought it was just a cheap cash-in due to the extremely high demand for the remake to be done, but it's really good and I love all the new things. Except the fucking game corner, but meh. That Voltorb game had me rage-quitting last night. I SHALL have an Ekans.

I love the way both Froakie and Fennekin look. Froakie I wouldn't mind evolving into a Water/Fighting type, either. Chespin just comes off as a Grass type Oshawott to me. I'm looking forward to the evolutions for all three, though. Willing to hold out hope that it's more because they are in their 'cute' stage and that the evolutions will make them look more awesome.

By the way, I still have a couple spare Phione on my Black version if anyone wants one.

EDIT: Kraig, would you mind if I grabbed the Dex data for Victini off of you before you get rid of it?

Edited by Vitamin E

I love the way both Froakie and Fennekin look. Froakie I wouldn't mind evolving into a Water/Fighting type, either. Chespin just comes off as a Grass type Oshawott to me. I'm looking forward to the evolutions for all three, though. Willing to hold out hope that it's more because they are in their 'cute' stage and that the evolutions will make them look more awesome.

By the way, I still have a couple spare Phione on my Black version if anyone wants one.

EDIT: Kraig, would you mind if I grabbed the Dex data for Victini off of you before you get rid of it?

What do you want in return for Phione?

What do you want in return for Phione?

I'm just giving it away, really. I can breed Manaphy for more of them :P

Can't really think of any Pokemon I need in Black other than legendaries, and I wouldn't say Phione is really worth an actual legendary. Would you happen to have any Pokemon with their hidden ability? Or if you have some legendaries from past gens I could grab the Dex data off of you for that would be alright too. Could trade you a Phione for the legendary, then trade the legendary back for a random Patrat or something you might have to give away.

And Trey, I would be EXTREMELY surprised if they didn't allow trading from Gen V to Gen VI. I'd imagine it would piss a lot of people off.

Edited by Vitamin E

Well I'm going to have to get a 3DS with tax money now, but I wasn't going to splurge on getting any of the older Pokemon games unless I could trade them over. Pokemon X//Y will be coming out just in time for my 5 year old to be getting into video games.

Nice :D

I can't see them stopping with the 'being able to trade from the previous Gen games' thing. Only way I could see them doing that is if they completely overhaul the mechanics of the game again, which I don't see happening. You should be fine. And if not, you can always sell them off to someone else :P