The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

2 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

I struggle to think of any that don't have Mario in them

Do they need to though?

Super Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart, Mario Party, Mario & Rabbids, Mario Tennis Aces, Fallout: New Mario, The Elder Scrolls: Mushroom Kingdom, Resident Evil: Luigi, Fire Pro Mario World

The list of quality games is ENDLESS!

1 minute ago, Gabriel said:

Do they need to though?

Super Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart, Mario Party, Mario & Rabbids, Mario Tennis Aces, Fallout: New Mario, The Elder Scrolls: Mushroom Kingdom, Resident Evil: Luigi, Fire Pro Mario World

The list of quality games is ENDLESS!

If those were all real I would buy another Switch just so I was sure I had one on me at all times

• Haha 1

On 10/09/2018 at 12:01, The Chiksrara Special said:

I'm not honestly sure why I even own a Switch. I think I'm more in love with the idea of owning a Nintendo system than actually owning one.

1 hour ago, Owen said:

MOTHERFREAKIN ANIMAL CROSSING ON SWITCH

:w00t: Touche good sir. Touche

• Haha 1

Lots of cool stuff announced yesterday, but I'm still left wondering what is going on with The Stick of Truth on Switch. The last mention of it was in July, when they said it would be out September.

With the Final Fantasy games coming over, I'm left to wonder if maybe we might get the original Kingdom Hearts games. Not that I haven't already played them, but, if they announce it sooner than later, it would stop me from buying the PS4 remasters and encourage me to play them on the Switch.

Board games on Switch is an awesome idea. It's so hard to get enough people to sit down and spend any number of hours playing these days, whether it's life commitments or lack of attention span.

South Park: The Stick of Truth launches on the Nintendo eShop on the 25th. American pricing is $29.99, so I imagine it will be $39.99 Canadian.

Also, Mario Party comes out next month. I will be doubling my Switch games collection in the next 3 weeks!

1 hour ago, Gabriel said:

South Park: The Stick of Truth launches on the Nintendo eShop on the 25th. American pricing is $29.99, so I imagine it will be $39.99 Canadian.

Also, Mario Party comes out next month. I will be doubling my Switch games collection in the next 3 weeks!

It's complete bollocks that The Stick of Truth was free to owners of its sequel on every other system, yet Switch owners are expected to fork out so much. It's good that Nintendo is getting more third-party support this generation, but the price differences are shocking.

11 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

It's complete bollocks that The Stick of Truth was free to owners of its sequel on every other system, yet Switch owners are expected to fork out so much. It's good that Nintendo is getting more third-party support this generation, but the price differences are shocking.

Stick of Truth was only available on PS4/XB1 originally if you pre-ordered The Fractured but Whole. It was a pre-order bonus. Then they released it as a standalone title a few months later. Pretty sure that it's typically $29.99 or $39.99 on its own.

I have noticed that re-releases have seemed to be more expensive on the Switch as opposed to their original consoles though, which, I 100% agree with you, is shitty on Nintendo's part.

Recently, I saw both South Park games bundled together for a really good price on the PSN, and I almost pulled the trigger on it, but my wife hasn't touched the Switch since I got it, and she told me that she'd prefer to be able to play it on that for some reason. I was hoping that Mario Party would be good enough to pull her in, and it will, but she needs a single player experience too, otherwise she will only use the console when we play games together like Mario Party.

• Like 1

I am looking forward to Mario Party. They're not particularly good games mechanically, but they're fun for messarounds with people who aren't too competitive. It looks as though they've finally gone back to the classic board game formula too, which should make a big difference.