The England thread

Very happy with the result and performance. Looking forward to WCQ now, with the players we have and under Hodgson's guidance we shouldn't have too many problems in our group. (Famous last words)

• 2 weeks later...

Squad for the WCQ's against Moldova and Ukraine.

Goalkeepers: Jack Butland (Birmingham City), Joe Hart (Manchester City), John Ruddy (Norwich City).

Defenders: Leighton Baines (Everton), Ryan Bertrand (Chelsea), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Joleon Lescott (Manchester City), John Terry (Chelsea), Kyle Walker (Tottenham Hotspur).

Midfielders: Michael Carrick (Manchester United), Tom Cleverley (Manchester United), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Adam Johnson (Sunderland), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), James Milner (Manchester City), Theo Walcott (Arsenal).

Forwards: Andy Carroll (Liverpool), Jermain Defoe (Tottenham Hotspur), Daniel Sturridge (Chelsea), Danny Welbeck (Manchester United).

Edited by Starvinho

Just noticed, if Ashley Cole plays in both qualifiers then he'll reached 100 caps for England.

Gerrard won't be far behind either, he'll reach 98.

Edited by Starvinho

I just worry for a Lampard/Gerrard midfield duo >_>. Let's not do that again.

Midfield should be Milner and Ox on the wings with Cleverley and Gerrard in the centre. Ideally I wouldn't have Gerrard in there but he is captain :/

I was hoping Hodgson would call-up Crouch as a replacement, always seems to score for England and has started the season in decent form. But I guess with the three remaining strikers and a few midfielders who could easily play of the frontman, there isn't much point to call-up a replacement.

• Admin
The Football Association has announced that England will have a new kit supplier from spring 2013.

The new deal with Nike, which lasts until 2018, brings a 60-year association with Umbro to an end.

England's kits have been made by Umbro since 1952, apart from 1974 to 1983, when Admiral had the contract.

FA General Secretary Alex Horne said: "I am delighted that The FA has secured this new wide-ranging and comprehensive partnership with Nike."

The FA say the new deal represents a "substantial investment", which will be put back into the English game at all levels.

Nike Brand President Charlie Denson said: "The pride and passion of England fans is renowned throughout the football world and we are delighted to partner with The FA.

Manchester City announced in May that their kits would move from Umbro to Nike next year.

Balls. And that'll be the end of Umbro :(