General Gaming Thread

TKz

I have legend of dragoon actually. And a few others. I actually would like to get rid of all my ps1 and 2 and most of my ps3 collection just to clear room.

I should see if anyone here wants to buy some of them. Maybe sell for like 3 or 4 bucks a game in a big clear out sale. Id make more than selling to eb, but they would be cheaper than buying them.

You should pm me your lists, I might take some of them off your hands.

Crash Bash, it's a better version of Mario Party.

Crash Team Racing, also great. Stands up today, as well.

Breath of Fire IV, Legend of Dragoon, Final Fantasy 7 & 8 if you like JRPG's.

Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2!

I actually already have both Crash Bash and Crash Team Racing! I managed to buy them at 30p each (as well as two Crash main series games at the same price) because they didn't have a box. Damn decent if you ask me!

I'm not that into RPGs at all, to be honest. I'll probably give them a pass. Also, they're awfully expensive!

I used to play the Pro Skater series all the time. Always. I used to have a demo of 2 and that got me hooked on the series. I'll have a look into it. I'd imagine it's ridiculously expensive at this point, though.

Ive been thinking of getting rid of my ps1 and 2 collection.

If you've got a list, I'd be down to have a look-see! I mean, I can't guarantee anything and I imagine postage and shipping costs would be awful... but I might be able to take some off your hands.

Also, I'm really wanting to buy some PS1 Spyro games at the point. The cheapest I've found them so far is £12 for the first and second games both without cases. Spyro games are awfully expensive :(

Going back to Heavy Rain for a second

I'm playing through again and making different choices to see different endings and earn more trophies. Is there any way I can get Detective Blake killed? At all? I was really hoping I could push that psycho Nathaniel over the edge and have him shoot Blake, but that didn't work.

I mostly just want to kill Carter Blake. He's a massive dickhead.

So, I found Spyro 2 and 3 for £13 and Spyro 1 and 2 for £20. I can't seem to find Spyro 1 for any cheaper than £13.45 (and that one doesn't even have a box) so 1+2 together is probably my best bet.

EDIT: The cheapest I can find for the three Spyro games altogether is £26.44 which means buying Spyro 1 for £13.45 and 2 and 3 for £12.99. I think that's pretty decent, although none of them have boxes. Maybe it's a wise investment.

• Like 1

Has anyone been keeping up on Advnaced Warfare? I barely know a thing about it - but I keep seeing articles pimping it as a game changer and 'different from the formula' and all that.

I'd wager the changes will be enough to vary up the combat for arguably the first time, whilst still holding true to what people like about Call of Duty. The freedom of movement was enough to get me to pre-order after the disgrace that was Ghosts. And I get the feeling that Sledgehammer are looking to impress with their first CoD title.

My only concern actually comes from one new addition maybe not being expanded on enough. There's a loot based system, where you can get variations of certain guns. But in order to keep it fair, the variations aren't too wild. Stuff like +2 Damage for -2 Accuracy and so on. It's a cool idea, but I kind of wish they'd have gone balls to the walls, "this could arguably be game breaking" with it. As it stands it'll be a nice little addition, but I think they're missing a chance for something crazy fun. Imagine getting a shotgun with like +7 damage but -6 rate of fire or something nuts. That'd be amazing.

It'd be the chaos of MW2 all over again, which was arguably the most fun.

Has anyone been keeping up on Advnaced Warfare? I barely know a thing about it - but I keep seeing articles pimping it as a game changer and 'different from the formula' and all that.

It looks like Same Old Same Old to me, but TotalBiscuit did a video where he actually lauded praise on them for the first five minutes or so for it seeming to be a much better PC port than previous efforts. To me it just looks like a shooter with a jetpack, but I'm not a big FPS guy anyway so I'm probably a bad person to ask.