Formula One 2014

Lineker

Rosberg out-qualifies Hamilton in Canada. Extremely impressive and should make for a great race tomorrow.

And lets not forget about Williams grabbing 4/5, that's an amazing performance. The car is something else and Bottas is extremely talented.

And Vettel is still showing he can outpace practically anyone except the Mercedes' who are in another race class entirely.

Great race, and fantastic to see Ricciardo winning. Was hoping for a Ricciardo, Perez, Massa 1-2-3 at one point but ah well. Glad Massa and Perez are unhurt after that crash too.

EDIT: Let's hope having Jean Alesi interview him afterwards doesn't mean this is his last win as well :P.

• Like 1

The Canadian Grand Prix has always been among my favourite races on the F1 calendar, and this race completely justified it. Great racing, lots of drama (I'm very glad Massa & Perez are OK, that was a nasty collision) and a fantastic last 10-15 laps that led to a brand new winner in Daniel Riccardio. Rosberg drove the wheels off his Mercedes too, the fact that he picked up a major problem and still finished in second is a testament to how good he's become and he remains my choice to take the World Championship this year

Yeah, after 26 races of not being hit by anyone who was lapping him, he's managed to hit his own team-mate.

On a completely unrelated note, Heikki Kovaleinen and Paul Di Riesta don't have an F1 drive.

_75386985_untitled3.png

Watching it live I had no idea just how close Massa and Vettel were. Seb is a very lucky boy.

Not as lucky as Rosberg at the minute ;)

Cracking race. Really happy for Ricciardo and Rosberg was extremely fortunate to come away with 18 points. His saving grace was Perez because Vettel and Massa both had the pace to knock him off the podium. That's now 2-0 in the DNF column in the Mercedes garage and that makes a huge difference. Hamilton now has to win in Austria and Silverstone to get things interesting once again.

Again I feel the need to point out that Perez's penalty is harsher than Chilton's, realistically Chilton is only moving back four spots at best, more than likely three because Bianchi always out-qualifies him, maybe less if Kamui puts in a good lap.

I guess they can't just assume that the Marussia's will be at the back two weeks in advance, but there really needs to be a better penalty than grid places found.

What an outstanding race. Disappointed with the crash at the end. So wanted Perez and/or Massa on the podium.

It was nice to see so much camaraderie as well instead of everyone sulking at everyone.

Also, how Chilton has a drive is still beyond me. He is just terrible.

What an outstanding race. Disappointed with the crash at the end. So wanted Perez and/or Massa on the podium.

It was nice to see so much camaraderie as well instead of everyone sulking at everyone.

Also, how Chilton has a drive is still beyond me. He is just terrible.

He finishes practically every race, except for this one. And he brings in money for Marussia.

He is a backmarker driver driving for a backmarker team...

Maldonado is the biggest headscratcher, once again failing to finish.