WWE 2k15

The Buscher

So I'm skipping on this one till I'm able to get a PS4 then. See you in 2017, WWE games!

Edited by Kirkland

Apparently there are no more pre-set entrances, story designer, create a move and some of it appears to be more outdated than it should be.

Rumor going (at least according to a Seth Rollins scan interview) is that new gen systems will have "Edit A Superstar" like No Mercy did in the day.

If there is a No Mercy-style editor, that offsets basically any negative for me. That's a feature I've wanted for practically the entire series. Being able to edit the colors was nice, but that never helped when people went through drastic attire changes.

I can see why they stopped including that though. It's a WWE game so including a tool that would allow you to basically overwrite every WWE Superstar if you wanted seems weird.

I can see why they stopped including that though. It's a WWE game so including a tool that would allow you to basically overwrite every WWE Superstar if you wanted seems weird.

But it was a great feature that extended the life of the game substantially. With how quick WWE changes, the ability to change Cody Rhodes into Stardust is a huge bonus, and it's my game, why should WWE care how I play it? If anything, lock major edits like that from online play, but let me play the game the way I want to play it. Same goes with match rules. In No Mercy, you could do a submission-only, falls count anywhere Royal Rumble if you wanted to... bring that back. That has always been my #1 gripe with the series.

• Like 1

I can't imagine it'd be that hard (says the non-video game developer) to make it so that you can basically freely edit things like attires and stuff, but it's locked in a way that you can't mess with the core details, I.E. their name, and basic bio as well as their base model.

My main worry with a feature like that is that, assuming it'd have the the basic clothes and stuff available in CAW mode available to you, they never seem to sit right in-game, like if you were to change Ambrose to wear tanktop and jeans, they just look really bulky and weird in-game on CAW's.

But it was a great feature that extended the life of the game substantially.

But then you wouldn't buy WWE 2K16 featuring John Cena and he's got a new hat!

• Like 1

Not a great start on the review front. IGN gave it a pretty poor verdict, which is all the more surprising when you consider that the game was part of its "IGN First" lineup, meaning that it's been given the rights to publish information about the game before anyone else. Whether or not the current-gen versions will be improved by the addition of MyCareer Mode remains to be seen, but by the sounds of things (and the Youtube footage I've seen seems to back it up), the gameplay sounds like a case of "same old, same old".

Which is understandable but for people like me who still have last generation consoles and don't particularly plan on upgrading soon, I'd like to have to same experiences and fulfillment in the video game as a current generation console player would have. The addition of "Who Got NXT" mode is a poor excuse and as much as they are trying to persuade the consumer of "this is the current console, it is a far better experience than last generation" I don't like feeling as though I have to purchase the current generation of console to have the full gaming experience.

Yeah, where's my Amiga version?

I'm not likely to upgrade anytime soon, but I certainly wouldn't be expecting to get the same game on my PS3 as I would on a PS4. As the gap between graphics quality gets smaller and smaller developers would be daft to replicate the superior game exactly just for cost reasons.

On the plus side that did mean that the last PS2 Pro Evo I got was miles better than its PS3 equivalent.

• Like 2

I'm not talking in a graphics sense, I couldn't care less about how the game looked because I know it'll always look better on the current generation console. I'm talking from a game play stand point. I want to be able to have the same gaming experience on a PlayStation 3/Xbox 360 as I would on a PlayStation 4/Xbox One and I have a feeling that isn't happening with this game. Why make a completely different game on an older console than a new console? When knowing that most but not all people would still have the older console.

I'm not talking in a graphics sense, I couldn't care less about how the game looked because I know it'll always look better on the current generation console. I'm talking from a game play stand point. I want to be able to have the same gaming experience on a PlayStation 3/Xbox 360 as I would on a PlayStation 4/Xbox One and I have a feeling that isn't happening with this game. Why make a completely different game on an older console than a new console? When knowing that most but not all people would still have the older console.

I'm so glad developers don't agree with you. We've been stuck in the last console generation for way too long. I guess there are always those that would prefer a faster horse...

To try and sell the newer console? Simple logic.. it's business, they couldn't care less about you not wanting to, or not being able to upgrade, there's more money in current gen.

• Like 1