2015 MLB Season

thatshortguy

Starting to think the Miller-Heyward deal is going to be the cosmic karma for JD Drew-Wainwright. I was ehh on giving up on a 24 year old first round starter for a guy on a contract year. It doesn't help that Miller is the best pitcher in baseball statistically speaking right now (while the Cards have to use Tyler Lyons to plug the fifth spot due to the Wainwright injury) and Heyward can't even get his average up to .250. Then again, if Oscar was still here, that trade never happens.

Edited by HeadChuck McGill

Cubs traded Wellington Castillo to Seattle. Decent bat and a good arm behind the plate, but Chicago has Montero so I get the move. No word on what they're getting in return, but judging by the way the Cubs have made moves over the last few years, I'm expecting them to get back more than they should. <_<

• Like 1

Can we remember this isn't exclusive t Phillies fans and all teams have scumbag fans who do this?

• Like 1

Can we remember this isn't exclusive t Phillies fans and all teams have scumbag fans who do this?

They're just jelly of the world-renowned culinary institution known as the Philly cheesesteak.

I'm in a Strat league, and we use the salary system. I have Shelby Miller, the dude is almost unhittable this year and is making $584,000. I have Brayan Pena as my catcher. Nothing special by any imagination, but he'll get the job done. Well I get an e-mail today from a guy trying to send me 32-year old, $15 million a year Yadier Molina for Miller. I can't tell if he thinks I'm stupid, or if my belief that people just ridiculously overvalue their own players is the issue here. Either way I sent an e-mail back simply saying "lol".

I've had some shake-ups in my fantasy team.

I'm on my 3rd shortstop. Currently have Simmons, from the Braves. I switched catchers, dropping Carlos Santana for Derek Norris. And I've signed Dexter Fowler to fill in for Jacoby Ellsbury who is currently on the 15 day DL.

My fantasy team is ridiculous, I started in last place back in 2011 and have been slowly building myself up. I had the trade of a lifetime a week before Biogenesis when I dealt Ryan Braun for Jose Altuve, Martin Prado, and Wil Myers. Sale, Price, Archer, Shields, Keuchel, and Lynn are my main starters. Bullpen has been a forever revolving door beyond Trevor Rosenthal. I've also managed to draft Goldschmidt and Desmond in 2011, Jose Abreu last year, and make trades for Marte, Cespedes, Carpenter. Solid work all around by me.

• Like 3

My current pitching staff:

Starters: Collin McHugh (may drop), Chris Archer, Johnny Cueto, Michael Wacha, Dallas Keuchel

Relievers: Aroldis Chapman, Greg Holland, Koji Uehara

I have 4 1B: Joey Votto, David Ortiz, and Adrian Gonzalez, plus Chris Davis who can play 1B or 3B. I'm debating putting Davis at 3rd permanently, and dropping Adrian Beltre instead of having the two platooning at 3rd. (Because whenever I play Beltre, he doesn't do shit. But when he's benched.....) I have Gonzalez and Votto platooning at 1B, with Ortiz only occasionally being played at the Utility slot.

Edited by GhostMachine

I know that sounds like a dumb move. But like I said, Beltre has done better when I've had him benched than when I've had him starting lately. I have him starting tonight vs. the Yankees, and Davis benched.

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2015/05/matusz-receives-eight-game-suspension-will-appeal.html

Orioles left-hander Brian Matusz has received an eight-game suspension from Major League Baseball for having a foreign substance on his right arm in the 12th inning of Saturday night's game against the Marlins in Miami.

He's appealing the decision.