Euro 2016

Lineker

I love this one:

I'm sure that's what the Italians, Germans, even the Icelandics get told by their gaffers: go beat those 11 other guys.

19 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

I love this one:

I'm sure that's what the Italians, Germans, even the Icelandics get told by their gaffers: go beat those 11 other guys.

It certainly looked like England hadn't been told that. The amount of times they just passed around in the middle third hoping someone might be kind enough to show them an opening, only to then either lose the ball or lob it into miserable failure.

England have some great pace in the team at the minute, they shouldn't be playing a slow passing game and looking for openings, they should be forcing their opening.

3 minutes ago, Benji said:

It certainly looked like England hadn't been told that.

Hell, given how cohesive they were, the strategy talk was probably something like: "This is the ball, go and kick it about."

8 minutes ago, OctoberRavenO said:

Hell, given how cohesive they were, the strategy talk was probably something like: "This is the ball, go and kick it about."

They struggled to do that times. 

• Like 1

No football until tomorrow night, so I'll just leave this here...

Bobby Charlton was asked how he thought the England team of '66 would have fared against Iceland. " I think we'd have won 1-0 " he replied. "Only 1-0?" Retorted the reporter. "Yes," said Bobby. "Most of us are in our 70's now!"

• Like 3

Just now, Benji said:

Was he? All I really remember is him running into the box in the final minutes and tripping over his own feet to lose the ball >_>

And yet that was the most any of the team did in the second half

8 minutes ago, Benji said:

Kane had that blistering effort. Probably the only good England shot of the game.

Straight down the goalie's throat though. Yes it was an okau effort but it wasn't that good, just made to look better by the rest of the dirge served up.

Rashford went past a few players a couple of times before that trip, genuinely more than pretty much any other player.

That performance from Kane was probably the worst I've ever seen by a striker in an international tournament.

Not really his fault it went to the keeper, he took a great shot with what he had. The way he hit it was as good as I could have hoped. The rest was dire, as was Kane's performance, but he still did more with his opportunity than Rashford did.