Euro 2016

Lineker

3 hours ago, Gorka said:

I respect Portugal for trying to be as dull as 2004 Greece in order to win a tournament.

Except we haven't played anything like Greece. The only game where we were anywhere close to that was against Croatia. But carry on with the circle jerk.:lol:

5 hours ago, GoN_ said:

Except we haven't played anything like Greece. The only game where we were anywhere close to that was against Croatia. But carry on with the circle jerk.:lol:

He didn't say you played like Greece.

He said you were as boring as Greece.

Which is correct (outside of the Hungary game).

Portugal getting this far emphasises how piss poor this tournament has been outside of the odd game.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GoN_ said:

You're right, Greece were far more interesting to see progress through.

Portugal are absolute dirge. Ronaldo and his stupid face cannot get out of this tournament soon enough.

I don't think it's too early to suggest that this tournament hasn't been all that great. Nowhere near enough excitement to this point if you ask me.

10 minutes ago, Adam said:

You're right, Greece were far more interesting to see progress through.

Portugal are absolute dirge. Ronaldo and his stupid face cannot get out of this tournament soon enough.

I don't think it's too early to suggest that this tournament hasn't been all that great. Nowhere near enough excitement to this point if you ask me.

For me the highlights of the tournament have been Wales and Iceland. The smaller teams have been a lot more fun to watch.

• Like 3

I've gotta agree, it's not been the most exciting tournament.

I don't know if that's down to the format or the teams themselves. Seeing Hungary, Wales and Iceland do as well as they did has been nice. 

There's been a handful of exciting games... I think the last game I enjoyed was Switzerland/Poland. 

Most of the games have been too tentative. 

I want Portugal to lose because that means they'll stop with the god-damn cult of Ronaldo every time anyone does anything... I don't want to see how Ronaldo emotes to literally everything that ever happens in a game. Them showing him doing a super-slow-mo strained poopy-face after the Poles kicked in the second penalty was the last straw in an already extremely short straw.

Edited by Jasonmufc
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Jasonmufc said:

I want Portugal to lose because that means they'll stop with the god-damn cult of Ronaldo every time anyone does anything... I don't want to see how Ronaldo emotes to literally everything that ever happens in a game. Them showing him doing a super-slow-mo strained poopy-face after the Poles kicked in the second penalty was the last straw in an already extremely short straw.

He is one of the two best players in the world, and arguably one of the best ever. Of course he's going to get more attention than anyone wants him to.