UEFA Champions League 2017/18

Lineker

Before yesterday's game Conte said that Kante would be available in some capacity for Roma, so I can only presume his absence was to keep him rested for Sunday. Whether that's still the case or if he's actually no longer as fit as they thought, who knows.

1 hour ago, MadJack said:

Chelsea are missing Matic massively. Hige mistake to sell.

Even my u9's know that if one man presses, the other drops to cover.

• Like 1

http://www.sport-english.com/en/news/atletico-madrid-midfielder-gabi-says-the-europa-league-is-shit-6394468

Atletico Madrid midfielder Gabi says the Europa League is "a load of shit"

Tuesday's Champions League results leave Atletico Madrid closer to the Europa League than ever. It's a possibility which doesn't excite captain Gabi, who didn't hold back when he affirmed that "right now I would say that the Europa League is a load of shit, even though it has given me a lot." 

Gabi was speaking to beIN after Atletico were held 1-1 by Qarabag. Diego Simeone's side now need to win both their last games against Roma and Chelsea and hope that one of them slip up against Qarabag. 

"What hurts most is that we don't have matters in our own hands, that is the cruel reality," Gabi added. "We have to try and beat Roma and hope Qarabag are capable of holding Chelsea. At the moment we are out. We have a chance but it is very remote.

"We're the same players when we win and when we lose, just as the manager, the board, the fans [are the same]... We have to keep working hard and learn from this experience because there's nothing else to do but pick ourselves up. 

"We were poor in the first half. In the second half, when we wanted to turn things around, we weren't capable of doing so. But no one has said the word impossible." 

Just imagine what he would think of the EFL Trophy.

• Like 2

Being full of cold has been a positive as I was meant to be at the game today but not well enough to go. 

It's going as I expected. Struggling to break down a very compact side. Final ball is just lacking or the final touch is poor. Made some chances but just messed up at the vital moment. 

2-0. 

Great one two by Can and Milner. 

Pfft scoring 3 against Madrid at home in the Champions League...come back when you've scored 4 against them  :shifty: