UEFA Champions League 2017/18

Lineker

I know you can only beat what is in front of you and Spartak were really poor but we were brilliant tonight our attacking play at times was a joy to watch. 

We can be frustrating defensively and make things harder for ourselves at times but it's just a pleasure watching a team with quality players like Salah, Mane, Firmino and Coutinho in it. 

Shame Moreno picked up an injury as he was having another good game. 

Five English teams in the last 16 is pretty insane.

Also, it's weird how this Champions League campaign so far for us hasn't felt special, and yet we've mostly performed at a level above any other. Firmino has scored more goals than any Liverpool player ever has in the group stage of the competition, we've scored more goals than we ever have (I believe more than any English side in any group stage, too, but don't quote me) and we've already scored way more goals than we did in the ENTIRETY of the campaign in 2005 when we fucking won it.

Made up with that. Avoided tricky away trip to Ukraine, avoided the English kryptonite team of Basel and avoided the big guns. Not gonna be easier but I feel we've got the best tie. 

2 hours ago, Baddar said:

Happy with our draw, knowing we have a home 2nd leg.

I'm pretty sure if you finish top of the group your second game is at home. Then the following draws it's just whatever happens. 

You'd rather be drawn against Juventus than Basel, Sevilla, Porto or Shakhtar?

The trip to Ukraine aside, I just cannot see that. Juve were probably your hardest possible opponents, followed by Bayern. The way they're set-up to play could be very stifling to creative Poch style.

City got the best draw of all the English sides, no doubt about it for me.

• Like 1