UEFA Champions League 2017/18

Lineker

6 minutes ago, 9 to 5 said:

Fuck Liverpool, coupon busting nonces.

Don't get why you bet on us. I knew going tonight it'd be like a training exercise and it was...just thought Porto may have had a go after what happened in the first game. 

Saying that I put a bet on us to win 1-0 <_<

Watched the Liverpool/Porto game today on a Fox feed. I was thinking the other day that I don't really have any indication of how good the announcers are when I watch by dear lord, these announcers today were awful.

At one point, the one guy asks the other if he thinks Firmino/Salah/Mane are the best 3 in football to which the guy won't really say and then says "well, I won't say they are the best ever". That wasn't the question!

Later, the same guy talks about how after halftime he says that Liverpool came out together while Porto came out more staggered. He then adds, "for all of those thinking I'm overthinking it, we'll just have to wait to see if it affects the second half". What a stupid comment. 

I've watched a lot of football games in the last 20 years and not once has the manner in which a team walks out of the tunnel been discussed in any way, shape or form. Who were the announcers? That's doing nothing for the stereotype of Americans not knowing anything about football!

5 minutes ago, Adam es Tranquilo said:

I've watched a lot of football games in the last 20 years and not once has the manner in which a team walks out of the tunnel been discussed in any way, shape or form. Who were the announcers? That's doing nothing for the stereotype of Americans not knowing anything about football!

Well, I've heard it commented if a team is sent out early if that counts? Saying that it's been a while since I've seen that happen, used to happen regularly of a team played shit first half

30 minutes ago, Matt said:

Well, I've heard it commented if a team is sent out early if that counts? Saying that it's been a while since I've seen that happen, used to happen regularly of a team played shit first half

Oh for sure, but that doesn't sound like what was being observed on Fox commentary, it was actually about the fact that Porto's players came out in dribs and drabs rather than all at once which is just a stupid thing to comment on.

They don't say but the one guy calls the other guy Cobi I think. Looking up FOX soccer announcers and it looks like it'd be Cobi Jones but I don't know for sure. 

The thing that annoys me most about the comment is that his claim that "we will see if it affects the game" is silly because there is no way to know if it affects the game. 

PSG: Spend billions of Eurobucks to crash out in the same round as before. 

3 hours ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

They don't say but the one guy calls the other guy Cobi I think. Looking up FOX soccer announcers and it looks like it'd be Cobi Jones but I don't know for sure. 

The thing that annoys me most about the comment is that his claim that "we will see if it affects the game" is silly because there is no way to know if it affects the game. 

Dong get too hung up on the commentary as most of them are terrible. I think it is NBC that has the best North American coverage.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Matt said:

Man Utd came out late when Newcastle beat them t'other week. The arrogance. :shifty:

NBC Sports has great commentary. The Prem going to them has been amazing for the league catching on more in America. The panel in the booth are pretty good, and really almost all their match commentaries are good. Arlo White and Graeme Le Saux are excellent together. Arlo is by far my favorite commentator.

Fox's commentators are okay for American soccer related stuff, but they're not educated enough and just out of their depth trying to understand and commentate on Champions League matches.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MDK said:

PSG: Spend billions of Eurobucks to crash out in the same round as before. 

Dong get too hung up on the commentary as most of them are terrible. I think it is NBC that has the best North American coverage.

Hah, I said dong

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, It's Pronounced Zoom-E said:

NBC Sports has great commentary. The Prem going to them has been amazing for the league catching on more in America. The panel in the booth are pretty good, and really almost all their match commentaries are good. Arlo White and Graeme Le Saux are excellent together. Arlo is by far my favorite commentator.

Fox's commentators are okay for American soccer related stuff, but they're not educated enough and just out of their depth trying to understand and commentate on Champions League matches.

In Australia we have Mark Bosnich @stokerino's favourite ever keeper. Chelsea tv should really sign him to a long term deal. :shifty:

6 minutes ago, Colly said:

Ross Turnbull. The man who turned his shirt round when they won the Champions League solely so people actually knew who he was. 

He was always in the shadow of llubnruT ssoR