UEFA Champions League 2017/18

Lineker

Difficult to judge stats like that. For example, Lukaku might lose possession less often because it's rarer that he gets it in the first place. Or because he doesn't try to take players on quite so much.

Whereas Matic can easily be robbed of possession simply by blocking his inevitable left-footed pass. :shifty: 

Isn't Jose's thing more that the back 8 or whatever are solid while the front three get more of a free reign? I'd imagine your wingers will always have the high numbers in that kind of system. 

One stat doesn't really tell the whole story though, does it? I'm by no means saying he's playing well or is in any kind of form that deserves a starting spot, but his dispossesions this season for Arsenal were 22.6 per game, it's now 24.7 for United. Both stats are lower than the Premier League leader in dispossessions, the utterly useless Chelsea reject Kevin De Bruyne.

Side by side comparisons, he's passing more and completing a better percentage at Man United, he's attempted and suceeding in more tackles at Man United and his attempted dribbles and take-ons have doubled at Man United whilst his completion rate is basically the same. That suggests to me, he's seeing more of the ball, probably in slightly deeper positions and he's having to do / been instructed to do more on his own to create his own chances, which is more than likely a product of Man United's more cautious mentality in committing players forward.

• Like 2

They weren't as experienced or as complete a player as Alexis is now though. Plus they were younger and adapting to a new country/language and style of football. A player of his quality should have integrated himself much sooner.

Plus Alexis has the crucial "Best League in the World Premier League Experience"

2 hours ago, Gazz said:

One stat doesn't really tell the whole story though, does it? I'm by no means saying he's playing well or is in any kind of form that deserves a starting spot, but his dispossesions this season for Arsenal were 22.6 per game, it's now 24.7 for United. Both stats are lower than the Premier League leader in dispossessions, the utterly useless Chelsea reject Kevin De Bruyne.

Side by side comparisons, he's passing more and completing a better percentage at Man United, he's attempted and suceeding in more tackles at Man United and his attempted dribbles and take-ons have doubled at Man United whilst his completion rate is basically the same. That suggests to me, he's seeing more of the ball, probably in slightly deeper positions and he's having to do / been instructed to do more on his own to create his own chances, which is more than likely a product of Man United's more cautious mentality in committing players forward.

What's his xG like? 

I got home 7 minutes late so had to start the match on delay. The bonus is that I got to fast-forward through Barca scoring. I suppose that works. :shifty:

The 1-2 is still on!

5 minutes ago, stokerino said:

The 1-2 is still on!

...The 2-2 is still on!

8 minutes ago, stokerino said:

I got home 7 minutes late so had to start the match on delay. The bonus is that I got to fast-forward through Barca scoring. I suppose that works. :shifty:

The 1-2 is still on!

...The 2-2 is still on!

You gonna stop watching at half time like before? :shifty: 

They've played well since going a goal down Chelsea but Fabregas was shocking there. Can't give the ball away cheaply cause you can just get countered like that.