UEFA Champions League 2017/18

Lineker

The only shitty thing is the second leg is scheduled for a Tuesday when we have the Merseyside Derby on Sunday. Surely the derby gets bumped back to Saturday now, right? If you give any shit about your sides trying to have a fair shake in Champions League, you step in here and give the team an extra day rest.

3 minutes ago, It's Pronounced Zoom-E said:

The only shitty thing is the second leg is scheduled for a Tuesday when we have the Merseyside Derby on Sunday. Surely the derby gets bumped back to Saturday now, right? If you give any shit about your sides trying to have a fair shake in Champions League, you step in here and give the team an extra day rest.

City played United the same weekend tbf.

I can't see them moving both games to a Saturday. 

5 minutes ago, Gazz said:

Triple threat?

I mean, who doesn't want to see Barca and Liverpool gang up on Everton?

:crying:

19 minutes ago, It's Pronounced Zoom-E said:

I know I'd be okay with you playing your reserves in the derby, do that!

Actually, that'll be even worse when we inevitably lose, so maybe don't.

41 minutes ago, DMo Salah said:

City played United the same weekend tbf.

I can't see them moving both games to a Saturday. 

That's a huge disadvantage having to play Sunday and then Tuesday though. Especially when your opponent plays Saturday. That's insane to have a side have to do that for a CL QF.

Playing City isn't quite the same as getting United or even Chelsea or Spurs, if they had been in the draw.  It's weird. I don't think there's quite the same edge to City/Liverpool games.

I do wonder what effect Anfield will have on the City players though. Because there's one thing playing there in domestic games but Europe is different. The effect it had on United in the Europa League was pretty obvious. 

And I know that City got to the Champions League semis a couple of years ago and I know Guardiola has won the thing for fun before but Jurgen Klopp and a lot of this Liverpool side have been to a European final before, together. That experience will count for something.

• 3 weeks later...