UEFA Champions League 2017/18

Lineker

8 hours ago, Noah said:

Is it just me, or are minutes silences never a minute long? I swear none of them ever feel like they've gone a full minute. 

They certainly always feel like they're a minute long if you're actually stood in the stadium observing it.

And to an earlier discussion point, I believe that getting rid of the minute's silence in favour of always doing applause just to stop the idiots would be wrong. I believe the applause is appropriate at times, like if celebrating the life of a legendary figure who has passed away in old age, but if it's for a tragic event or an untimely passing, such as Davide Astori, then silence and reflection should always be chosen.

A few people tried to start an applause during the silence on Remembrance Day at our game last year and it was immediately shut down by wiser heads.

I agree, and we had the exact same thing on Remembrance Day. I've made the point here previously I think, but I still think the applause for Gary Speed was inappropriate, silence should absolutely have been the correct option in that case. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MadJack said:

Watching the United-Sevilla game, and I keep asking myself What the hell does Sanchez actually bring to warrant the 350k a week we're paying him?

He can pretend to play the piano 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, MadJack said:

We're so good. Really good guys. Let's have 10 years of Jose.

So you was right and I was wrong when I said give it a week :shifty:

• Like 2

Just go now Jose and take your crap football with you. It's not good enough getting the team up and ready for Chelsea and Liverpool if we aren't going to do the business in other games. We should be beating Sevilla or at least performing much better than this. It's ridiculous.

Mourinho deserves to go out just for being the massive over cautious shitbag. Actually started to try and make chances once they were one goal down.

I felt sorry for Lukaku that game, he was so isolated for large chunks of it. No one to lay it off to or provide him with any support. 

His pragmatism generally works though. Liverpool and Spurs play nicer, more aesthetically pleasing football than Man Utd but they have less points and inferior goal differences to show for it.

He's got 65pts from 30 games, that's on course for 82pts from 38. That's a title winning return in most seasons.

• Like 1